Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324252627282931 ... LastLast

Thread: Utas-15 road show

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Shotguns are headed off to the next testers. Stay tuned
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I am next on the list, got the email that it will be shipped on Friday. I'm looking at an April 27th range day, so if you are in the lower mainland or Fraser Valley and want to join in on the fun, send me a PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    What is the gun on the left?
    CSSA, NFA & NRA.
    What's "Moose Stuff"?

Hello from Nova Scotia!

I just received the "East Coast Edition" of the UTS-15 today.

I am planning on a range day at the MVRRC on Saturday, April 19th from 10:00 am-12:00 pm. I'd invite anyone who'd like to put a few rounds through this beast to come and see me on Pistol 3 or at the skeet range. PM me if you really want to try the gun and those timings don't work for you. I may be out there beforehand through the week in the evenings sometime.

I will have some rounds on hand, but if you want some extended time with the firearm, please bring your own shells/skeets.

I'd like to set the bar for how many rounds we can put through it in one session, so don't be shy.

Also, I will post my report on the condition/cleanliness/initial reaction to the firearm tomorrow as my digital camera is dead.

Thanks Wolverine, for allowing CGN'ers across the country to become testers on this firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thoeppner View Post
    What is the gun on the left?
    bushmaster M17?

Following is my receipt report and initial observations of the UTS-15 bullpup shotgun.

First, pictures of the gun as received.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

The gun was very clean and well oiled when received. Kudos to DILLIGAF for his maintenance on the gun.

The firearm was received with front and rear sights, barrel extension and barrel choke (installed for your viewing pleasure) and Allen key of some sort. Not sure if there was supposed to be a "long range choke" but I don't see anything like that.

My initial thoughts on the gun:

You can immediately tell the engineering and manufacturing is quality, not Krieghoff quality but it is solid where it needs to be. Being a polymer gun, I was concerned it would feel like the Mossberg 715 and there are parts where the plastic is flimsy (the rear receiver cover, the panels on the sides of the magazines) but the frame of the gun is solid and you don't feel any of that flimsiness when working the action. It is a light gun, but again, you can tell its not an airsoft.

The ergonomics of the gun are probably the most unique about this gun and unfortunately for potential buyers, very subjective to the person holding it. This being the first bullpup gun I've ever held, it is definitely weird to have my cheek resting so far up the gun. My eye is roughly 3 inches from the rear site. I don't anticipate there being 3 inches worth of drift, but not wanting to end-up another Youtube FAIL, I will use caution. I watched the Hickok45 video on this firearm and may use a buttstock extender for the first bit.

Once you work through that awkwardness, it is a comfortable holding position, much more so than an 870. I will say that having my hand so close to my chest forces a very aggressive position on the trigger, where my finger wants to rest on the trigger right on the second joint. Not sure if that will be an issue.

Finally, the dissassembly was a cinch. If you can take apart an 870, you can take this gun apart. And I found resting the bolt back on the rails much easier with this gun, it seems to lock in place. Note, I did not nor do I plan to attempt a full dissassembly, that looks far more complicated than an 870, but the gun is mint so no issues there.

I am interested to see if sustained firing in this position causes much fatigue, and also interested to see the cycling and kick this puppy has.

Look forward to seeing some folks out at the range on the 19th (see two posts back for more info).

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclejoe View Post
    I am next on the list, got the email that it will be shipped on Friday. I'm looking at an April 27th range day, so if you are in the lower mainland or Fraser Valley and want to join in on the fun, send me a PM for details.
    Hey, fellow Langley guy! I'm up for a shootsfest.

Received yesterday. In excellent condition I might add, thanks to Cavs42.

I'm looking at going to the range on the 19th of April and likely going again on the 27th to take advantage of the ATS/SR clinic. So far I am only planing on taking it to Abby F&G, but if you twist my arm I might be willing to go to PoCo.

I'll have shells available, but I would love to try as many different types as possible, so bring whatever 2 3/4" and 3" shells you might have lying around.

Any questions PM or post on here.

IMPORTANT EDIT: AF&G rules specify that a member can only invite 3 guests. While I doubt more than 9 people will show up at a time, I already have 3 people from CGN and a handfull of other friends planing on attending. If you let me know if/when you plan on attending I can better prepare and avoid having to wait at Tim Hortons until one of the guests leaves.
    Last edited by Miraclejoe; 04-09-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Perhaps another Abby member can sponsor an additional 3 guests?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Remember when putting these guns back together to make sure the barrel retaining nut is as TIGHT as you can possibly turn it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the lack of recoil on these shotguns.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales