Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1424262728293031323334

Thread: Utas-15 road show

Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    About the bolt sled being sheared off, is there a remedy for this?
    "Bolt sled" ? Please clarify

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    About the bolt sled being sheared off, is there a remedy for this?
    Are you referring to the bolt carrier that the pump handle is attached to breaking? Happened on that one shotgun and a couple of others but it certainly has not been an on going problem at all.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Are you referring to the bolt carrier that the pump handle is attached to breaking? Happened on that one shotgun and a couple of others but it certainly has not been an on going problem at all.
    Yes Wolverine, I was wondering if that is a result from very hard cycling by the user, especially the forward travel. However, to reliably run the gun, it is often advised to cycle it with "authority"

Is there a more detailed explanation for this, or how to avoid the breakage from happening?

Yes Wolverine, I was wondering if that is a result from very hard cycling by the user, especially the forward travel. However, to reliably run the gun, it is often advised to cycle it with "authority"

Is there a more detailed explanation for this, or how to avoid the breakage from happening?
    In all honesty I would say that it was just a weak casting. No more has been more aggressive with these shotguns than I have and never had the carriage break.

I read and watched a lot of reviews and although I really liked the look and features of that firearm, I didn't want to get one of these because of reliability issues. I'm not the kind of guy that will buy and sell stuff all the times. When I buy something, I keep it for a loonnng time (I've never sold one of my firearms). When the sale was announce, I was on the fence but at midnight when the sale started I was like what the heck, I'll try to get one!

First of all, shipping was fast. When I opened the box, I was like a kid at Christmas. Awesome look, and for me it feels right when I shoulder it. The owner manual is well made.

So I brought it to the range for the "test". I was loading 15 rounds all the time. To load that shotgun at first was kind of awkward for me, but once I got used to it I could do it kind of fast. The only thing is if, when loading, you don't push a shell all the way in and it comes back, with the spring pressure and the other shells, it's hard to push it back in without a tool to finish loading the tube to the maximum capacity. I got caught once...

I started shooting slow, to get the feel and making sure I was cycling the action properly. The first 15 shots went without any issues. So I repeated that, shooting faster and faster, expecting to have a double feed or jam at any time, but it never happened... I shot some challenger sporting #5, challenger target load #7.5 and #8, Winchester super target #8 and federal premium rifled slugs. Never had one single issues, I shot more than 200 rounds, and at the end I was shooting the 15 rounds as fast as I could. I tested the tube selector, using blue challenger in one tube and red winchester in the other, the tube selector worked A1 all the times, whether I was alternating or using just the left or right tube. I couldn't try any other loads as this was what I had on hand at that time.

This shotgun is so fun to shoot that I would've stayed way longer but the sun was going down. So in the end, I'm really happy with that firearm, I don't know why it got all the bad reviews, but as of today it has been reliable for me without a single hiccup. Thank you Wolverine Supplies for the awesome deal on the UTS-15, really glad I ordered one.

Thanks for the great review. It just goes along what we have been saying all along, yes there were a few bumps in the road but these are really fine little firearms and work very well. Plus they are just a pile of fun fun fun!

has anyone else run into fitment issues with the top rail when attaching sights?

I've tried mbus's, an aimpoint PRO on a QRP mount, and a Holosun and all 3 are loose... but all 3 would fit snug on my Daniel Defense and Remington rails

Quote Originally Posted by gigababe View Post
    has anyone else run into fitment issues with the top rail when attaching sights?

I've tried mbus's, an aimpoint PRO on a QRP mount, and a Holosun and all 3 are loose... but all 3 would fit snug on my Daniel Defense and Remington rails
    contact us at sales@wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Hi Grumpy

I am being told I have to pay return shipping for my defective UTAS because it is a "manufacturer's error"? doesn't seem right that I have to pay more because I received a lemon... please help thx!

Quote Originally Posted by gigababe View Post
    Hi Grumpy

I am being told I have to pay return shipping for my defective UTAS because it is a "manufacturer's error"? doesn't seem right that I have to pay more because I received a lemon... please help thx!
    Now in all fairness I think Lemon is a little harsh, considering the firearm functions fine, just the rail is out of spec LOL. But on a serious note, if you feel you can change the rail out yourself, I can certainly make sure we ship you out the rail as soon as they come in and that way you won't be without your shotgun. We don't get reimbursed by any manufacturer for warranty work or shipping. We will cover the return shipping to you. We feel this is more than fair, especially considering how low the purchase price on these shotguns were.