Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Question: Would you join a "Marstar Monthly/Quarterly Ammo Club"?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Marstar has a real problem with having stuff out of stock.
    Seriously; when was the last time they restocked MecGar magazines?

No way in hell anyone wants to sign a long-term contract with a company with such a long history of not having any supply.

They are fine for the occasional item that they might happen to have in stock. But not place to be counted on for continuous restocking.

How about knives club? Can I interest you in some knives?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    I would think they'd garner more interest with a "preferred member" club, when you sign up for first picks of new stock and product updates and stuff like that.

Sort of like how I've seen some dealers bring in new stuff, and post it here days before the outside world sees it.
    Now this is an idea ^^^^
    curiosity may have killed the cat....but at least the Lil bigger died knowing..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    How about knives club? Can I interest you in some knives?
    Do you offer a combo deal if a guy were to also buy polyethylene sheeting and some of those extra-thick garbage bags at the same time?
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

BANNED
    Sounds like the guys that try and sell you a freezer full of Beef. Every month they send you an order to fill your freezer whether you need it or not.

No thanks.

Honestly, that is a Whacky idea.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donkSTRIKER View Post
    the shipping would likely kill any savings, unfortunately.

better to just order a bunch up front and moderate yourself with a monthy "ammo ration"!

Better yet, get a press and roll your own.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Marstar has a real problem with having stuff out of stock.
    Seriously; when was the last time they restocked MecGar magazines?

No way in hell anyone wants to sign a long-term contract with a company with such a long history of not having any supply.

They are fine for the occasional item that they might happen to have in stock. But not place to be counted on for continuous restocking.
    I find your comments very interesting indeed, "the occasional item that they might happen to have in stock" I know we can't satisfy all people, all the time.... in the case of Mec Gar they have not shipped us a complete order in over a year, many partial shipments, most are 12-15 months late, perhaps you have a solution ?? The writer was asking your opinion about ammo, not mags....

In the past couple of months we have received several thousand firearms and about 6 million rds of ammo, I guess this does not count....

"not place to be counted on for continuous restocking" perhaps you would be kind enough to offer us a few solutions to the very slow supply provided by various factories ?

John

Expired Business
    HAHA49;
    "Ammo prices go up and down mostly up same with cost (they mark up a certain percentage)"
    Marstar is not dependent on importers or suppliers, we purchase ALL surplus military ammunition directly from the vendor governments in question.... So we buy in very large quantities and normally have 12-18 months contracts for delivery. Since we own the ammo once we buy it, control the shipping, delivery to our storage in Canada the prices for a given caliber will not vary within a given contract.

"They might not be able to get certain ammo in as suppliers run out"
    Your are right, since Marstar deals mainly in surplus ammo, once a given lot or contract is used up, then it is gone....

"I do buy 1 crate shoot till it's low order another one"
    While this is the prudent and economical way to go one should understand that surplus ammo will NOT last forever, many calibers have all but vanished from the marketplace, remember .303 British ball at $99.00/1000 ??
    Thank you for your interest
    John

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    I would think they'd garner more interest with a "preferred member" club, when you sign up for first picks of new stock and product updates and stuff like that.

Sort of like how I've seen some dealers bring in new stuff, and post it here days before the outside world sees it.
    This would be interesting..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I can't see that working very well, others have tried it with different products and none seem to be very good.

CGN Regular
    Tweaked slightly for the sake of the ongoing conversation;

If Marstar allowed you to purchase 12,000 rounds of ammo at a "bulk" rate that made it more economical than having purchased only 1,000 rounds, but instead of billing you for the full 12,000 rounds, they instead billed you once per quarter for 1/4th of the total. (Shipping you 3,000 rounds per quarter)

Think of it as layaway, where you're buying at a bulk rate you normally couldn't touch, but paying it off in a payment plan every 3 months.

For the sake of discussion, assume shipping was free (in the sense that it's baked into the ammo costs).

As mentioned above, dealers buy 1-year supplies of ammo up-front, so assume that Marstar was just received one of it's multi-million unit ammo shipments and John is simply offering to let you buy 12,000 rounds in bulk while holding your name on some in the warehouse until your next billing/shipping date.

I appreciate everyones honest feedback in this thread, like I mentioned, I don't have a horse in this race, i'm just curious as to why it doesn't already exist. I can't say I disagree with most feedback thus far.

I also appreciate John allowing us to have this conversation in his forum. I can't point out enough that i've got nothing to do with John and my thoughts and questions are simply my own.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast