Egw HD 20 moa Base
    Mdt LSS FDE Stock
    Magpul FDE prs Stock
    Magpul Grip
    Action and BBL Cerakoted fde
    Guaranteed Accuracy

2350$

pics tommorow
    Last edited by juanvaldez; 10-07-2013 at 11:23 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    pic added

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Man I would be all over one of your other spiral barreled rifles in a 300win mag other then a 260. Its the only reason why im holding out on that right now.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

No offense meant, but a 22" barrel is a mismatch for the purposes of such a rifle. I'd be inclined to go no more than 20" and would likely prefer something in the range of 14"-18". The "trend" is for shorter barrels in this configuration - not longer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Interresting, looking forward to more pictures... JP.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    No offense meant, but a 22" barrel is a mismatch for the purposes of such a rifle. I'd be inclined to go no more than 20" and would likely prefer something in the range of 14"-18". The "trend" is for shorter barrels in this configuration - not longer.
    This configuration is for accuracy, 1000m shots.
    Put a 14-18 " barrel on it and you just gave up sub moa accuracy on a 2000$ rifle good job

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    This configuration is for accuracy, 1000m shots.
    Put a 14-18 " barrel on it and you just gave up sub moa accuracy on a 2000$ rifle good job
    Aren't most custom bolt action rifles built with accuracy in mind? 1,000m shots? Says who? You? Certainly not the builder. While I have no doubt that this rifle would be fairly accurate at that distance, generally speaking, you definitely want a little more velocity for assurance when shooting at that range. Typically, if you were building a rifle for shooting that distance on a regular basis, longer barrel lengths in the 26"-30" range are more common in .308 Winchester.

Clearly, you miss the point of having a "LIGHT TACTICAL RIFLE". Usually, they are specifically tailored to being lighter weight, compact, and have greater ease of handling. These rifles are typically used at short and medium range distances. The LSS is designed with that concept in mind. Why else would you have such a slim fore end and build the chassis with colapsible stocks in mind?

Barrel length has nothing to do with a rifle's potential for accuracy. It only reduces velocity. As such, you lose very little in the way of velocity in going from 22" to 18" in .308 Winchester. If you knew this, you wouldn't have posted what you did.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    2bad4u2...you are correct. The 22 inch mark was strategic in that it is the longest I figured someone might want and now I can cut back from there with only a rethread on the brake. I didn't want to do 18" for example then have some one say I'd have bought it if it was 20" I was actually gonna leave the muzzle unfinished but figured for a display gun I'd like to have it complete with the brake. It does feel "long" at 22 especially with the brake. I am pretty much counting on having to cut a recrown/ thread but have a little more flexibility on final length. The prs is also a little heavy for a ltr
    Last edited by juanvaldez; 10-08-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Looks fantastic Sean. I wish you well with it. No doubt, you'll have some takers.