Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Now in Stock - Remington Versamax 26" Shotguns for Action Shotgun shooting.

Except for the barrel length, that looks just like my VMT 22. For what it's worth the best shooters here don't use the clamp at all. According to Benny Hill who should know, it can change the POI when removed and replaced. If you do use it, put it in exactly the same place and torque it the same. I kept mine on as I will never win top prize money anyway. The POI change would be most acute with slugs. I've never seen anyone use the sling mount but the gun is truly multi purpose so it could come in handy. I just gave Mr. TV PP my scheme for using the gun in the US at a greater capacity. PM me if you are interested.

Gord
    Nighthawk Custom Predator II 45, Nighthawk Custom .22 upper, CZ Shadow 2, CZ Shadow 2 Canadian, CZ Shadow 1 Custom, Chiappa Rhino DS .357 Gold, SIG P-226 Elite 9mm, SIG 226 40 Upper, SIG P-320 X-Five, SIG Super Target 45, Beretta Centurion, Ruger PC Carbine Takedown 6-Position Stock 9mm Luger 18.6″ Barrel Non-Restricted

CGN Regular
    I've read that as well. I don't shoot 3gun but it is something I'm interested in. I personally feel better using the clamp just because this is my do-all shotgun, I'd like to get a qd attachment for the clamp as well. I actually checked the POI vs POA before and after the install using S&B cheapo slugs, group sizes stayed the same and POI did as well. It's close enough for what I do with it (9shots at 50 yards)

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Post pics all you guys want...

RE: the Barrel Clamp, the Nordic Extensions have a recess for the clamp so it goes in exactly the same place every time. Me, I'd be a little concerned about hanging all that weight (loaded with shells) out there unsupported.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

I had the same question/observation about the clamp. The weight potentially transferred to the barrel was the issue as was the dampening of normal movement during firing. The free floating barrel on an AR was used as an example. I figured it's only the weight of three shells or so "out there" and it's not there for long. Soooooo mine stays on. Besides it looks cool right? If you can't be cool you may as well look cool my case. :-)
    Nighthawk Custom Predator II 45, Nighthawk Custom .22 upper, CZ Shadow 2, CZ Shadow 2 Canadian, CZ Shadow 1 Custom, Chiappa Rhino DS .357 Gold, SIG P-226 Elite 9mm, SIG 226 40 Upper, SIG P-320 X-Five, SIG Super Target 45, Beretta Centurion, Ruger PC Carbine Takedown 6-Position Stock 9mm Luger 18.6″ Barrel Non-Restricted

So have you got the the Nordic extensions in store yet? What other essentials need to be done to this VersaMax for it to compete with the Benellis etc.?

The came in and went with the last shipment of Versamaxes. We have more Versamaxes in stock now, and expect more extensions in about 2 weeks.
    Shotguns come in from Remington far quicker than US Commerce department permits do, it seems.

Is there a wait list/pre-order list available for the extensions?

Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    Is there a wait list/pre-order list available for the extensions?
    We only sell extensions with the shotguns; we don't bring in enough to sell them separately.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

CGN Regular
    i wish we could get XRAILs.

xrail would be like being allowed FN FAL's....So is there a pre-order/wait list for the whole packages? Or how does that work?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast