Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Online shopping---> ###### ONLY?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fretman View Post
    Thank you so much for the "SMART CONSUMERS CREDIT CARD" advice, and enlightening me with your financial wisdom.

If the Credit Card businesses (PLURAL, meaning more than one) were a monopoly they could not be collectively "monopoles" as you allude.

There would only be one of them "MONOPOLES" not as you pointed out several to choose from offering several interest rates and options.

If credit was indeed a "MONPOLE" or "MONOPOLES" as you wrote there would be only one (Single meaning one) credit card company dictating to you the interest rate and terms of your arrangement and take it or leave it, only option.

###### is a monopoly because it is the only company period offering their kind of "service" on Ebay you have to use ###### to do business on EBay another monopoly and their company dictated to me to change my valid credit card, as a result I have chosen not to do business with the monopolies EBay or ######..

Yes I am free to choose any credit card I like but I have no qualms with my credit card or credit card company whom are affiliated with my chosen bank (another story all together, yes there are more than one) so I choose to stay with them as opposed to choosing many of the non-monopoly credit card options we all have. Monopoly typically means one option or no other options.

Monopoly or monopolies is the proper term and spelling.

Thanks for the heads up "SMART CONSUMER"!
    Don't Fret Man
    NFA and CSSA Member
    PCHFC and DVC Range Member
    IPSC, LEAP, PPC and Trap Competition Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by rocor98 View Post
    I think you posted you have denied eBay your patronage for 5 years ... You should stick to posting what you know! .... ###### is just one method of payment on eBay ... you can contact a seller any time you wish and ask for other methods ( some sellers do not take ###### ) and auctions ask for money order etc.

I only post this as I know you want to be advised when you are wrong, please ck my spelling ..Thanks

Alright, "chuckles". You go ahead and try that. I know you haven't, because I have, sellers on Ebay will not do transactions off ###### UNLESS they have their own website with its own web sales section separate from Ebay. Basically, if they are Ebay only sellers, you're using ###### no matter what. They can end up in big poop from Ebay for selling by other means. I have tried paying by CC rather than ######, and have always been refused on that basis. So yes, it's a monopoly. But thanks for coming out.

Also, for you guys going "ohhh ###### never froze my account so it must never happen, it's a myth" you're awfully naive. It has happened, and will continue to happen. ###### uses a mostly automated system to freeze and ban accounts. How do I know this? I know this because after several months of buying firearms accessories off Ebay, my account was suddenly frozen for no apparent reason and nobody at ###### could help me. They told me PaPal has an automated system that looks for "red flags" and acts accordingly. Mysteriously, about a year and a half later it was suddenly unfrozen, with no actual intervention on my behalf.

EBay has a support forum ... lots of info on contacting sellers to change payment methods, closing auctions early, you just have to know what to do.

Sellers can modify auctions up to 12 hours before the auction ends .. and they decide payment options etc.

Do not get caught up in the crazy talk on this thread , get real info, and not knowing what stuff happened to your account like some have posted here will not happen to you ... I have 950+ feedbacks on my personal account, and sold with a buddy for 2600+ feedbacks ( both no negative ) I had no problems with ###### .. had dealings with three scam sellers and ###### refunded me each time .. Most of my 2600 sales were to yanks, they like to think they run the world, and rules are made to be broken, but ###### kept me from losing $ there also ...

Ross ( chuckles )

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Monopoly, Oligopoly, whatever. The pragmatic fact is you don't have realistic choices when dealing with CC companies, banks and oil companies. You really don't have choices, price at the pump, interest rates,... are pretty much the same no matter which of the monopoly (sorry Oligopoly) company you choose.

Yes you can have a hate on for eBay/###### cause they became a "natural monopoly". You can hate Facebook for same reason.

Or you can be a smart pragmatic shopper selecting the best. HAND
    Quote Originally Posted by Fretman View Post
    If credit was indeed a "MONPOLE" or "MONOPOLES" as you wrote there would be only one (Single meaning one) credit card company dictating to you the interest rate and terms of your arrangement and take it or leave it, only option.

###### is a monopoly because it is the only company period offering their kind of "service" on Ebay you have to use ###### to do business on EBay another monopoly and their company dictated to me to change my valid credit card, as a result I have chosen not to do business with the monopolies EBay or ######..
    Monopoly or monopolies is the proper term and spelling.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Regular
    I've had plenty of good experiences with ###### but also one bad one. A few years ago I moved, and when I changed my mailing address with them it caused them to flag the CC I had on file because its associated address (which was still my old address) no longer matched my present mailing address. I figured this would be no problem - call my CC company, call ######, get everything updated and good to go. Nope. The ###### CS told me their system had locked out my CC and it could NEVER be used on ###### again. There was nothing one of their humans could do to counteract what their computer system had done. Since I only had one CC and wasn't about to get another just for using ######, I had to avoid ###### for over a year. It was pretty inconvenient as I use EBay often. Eventually I did get a new CC and I've been happily using ###### since. So to echo what some other posters have said, yes ###### has some inexplicably illogical and annoying policies. But they also provide a service that I really enjoy, and that no one else provides. So even though I was annoyed with them, I continue to give them my business. Sometimes, for me at least, boycotting a company just to prove a point is not worth it when the only significant outcome of that boycott is inconveniencing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    ###### is a necessary evil. Look how much gun related stuff is sold on eBay, the parent company. Every company has their evil, can't boycott them all.
    I won't deal with Gougebay or Scampal...the most hacked and full of creeps sites out there.
    If sellers go these routes, me no deal....PERIOD.

Craigslist is right up there with 'em....Scum Central.
    *LEAD* Still the best boolit material for huntin' & plinkin' for over 600 yrs.
    Shoot well & load better.

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to care.

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Monopoly, Oligopoly, whatever. The pragmatic fact is you don't have realistic choices when dealing with CC companies, banks and oil companies. You really don't have choices, price at the pump, interest rates,... are pretty much the same no matter which of the monopoly (sorry Oligopoly) company you choose.

Yes you can have a hate on for eBay/###### cause they became a "natural monopoly". You can hate Facebook for same reason.

Or you can be a smart pragmatic shopper selecting the best. HAND
    I understand that the banks are all controlled by the federal reserve system and the International Monetary Fund. All the banks have basically the same sh!tty attitude toward their customers but I need a bank account for my direct deposit work paycheque to go into and a credit card to do business online. I just plain hate ###### and have not felt inconvenienced not using them for five years. I use Mastercard as it is affiliated with my bank Alberta Treasury Branch but I jokingly refer to them as Bastardcard. Okay I have the illusion of choices for credit cards or banks but there is only one ###### and I do not or will not ever do business with them again! My choice I think! I have a Facebook account they won't let me close because I don't like their infringement on peoples privacy.
    HAND?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678