Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Full Rifle Deposit - PAL delay

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    No that's how long it takes before they can look at it and send it to the province to have them do the interviews look up your background ect. Me I just called to see if they got it in the mail I wanted to make sure since it was 20 days when I did it. Seems to be going up and up that's what they recommend depending on the demand and how fast they can go through them. Since she got up picked it out of the pile then turn around and went well since your on the phone I was about to say bye and hang up. So I got mine in 2 weeks suckers...

I had mine in the mail the day I finished the course it was there in 2 days I had my PAL in 2 weeks was simple... I just bumped the line allot.
    No. 28 days is the minimum time they are allowed by law to issue RPAL (i think the max is a year) but a PAL doesn't have this minimum wait period. From what I've been hearing not too many people get the 28 day minimum anymore I did last summer it was issued 28 days after the registered mail was received. My girl on the other had was mailed in the same envelope and it took 8 months of "everything is fine we are just doing final checks"

Quote Originally Posted by Skip4Play View Post
    Well buddy, from the time I sent off my test to the time I got my pal in the mail was 13 months. Good luck
    13 months?! Holy insane wait, Batman!

I've never heard of this. Is there a story here?
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

GunNutz
    I applied to renew when I got back to Canada after a few years in New Zealand. Sent a photocopy of my NZ firearms license. They wanted me to submit a criminal record check before they'd let me renew, and wanted some testimony from the NZ cops that I was not a criminal or anything. The equivalent of the CFO for Christchurch sent them an e-mail essentially saying pull it out boys, we won't issue a firearms license to someone we don't think is "fit and proper" to own guns. After that the CFO Ontario sent me the new license (it helped, also, that I sent along a copy of the criminal record and vulnerable sector check that I had to do for my work - I coach kids...)
    The CFOs have too much power accorded them by the legislation and I'm still cranky that the MAJORITY government won't live up to their statements made while in opposition - that they would repeal the firearms act (not just the long-gun registry)...

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    The question has been answered.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234