Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flir t14x

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar

Flir t14x

I have bin looking it to Thermo imaging for sum time but looking at the T14X with the scope mount I'm thinking it time to quit looking and just get one

Super GunNutz The Cold Lake Kid's Avatar
    The ones I've noticed are pretty pricey.
    What ones are you looking at?
    The Cold Lake Kid: SASS # 51474,
    GOFWG #141, Charter Member and Trail Boss East, Square Circle Wranglers ( www.squarecirclewranglers.ca )
    GOLD member Leaders Circle. Provincial Corner Stone Member
    Proudly Alberta Born and Raised.
    Hoping Trail Boss soon becomes available!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cold Lake Kid View Post
    The ones I've noticed are pretty pricey.
    What ones are you looking at?
    I like FLir T14X it's about 4000 us
    Wich is not bad for this sight sistum I looked at the other but the T14X is by fare the most flexible and still light wight, mid price FLir unit with real time thermo capability perfect for removing those big Noregan water rats and raccoons
    We have trouble with raccoons and rats eating bird eggs hear on Haida Gwaii
    I shot and trap every one I can
    Ther is such a problem with the we have bin tring to exterminate them near nesting bird
    I know the T14X is not ment fore heavy recoil rifles but 22 will be just fine
    Plus wen hunting and trapping the T14X can be used as a handhald wats not to like

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I like FLir T14X it's about 4000 us
    I also am very interested in this product. But I don't think it's produced by FLIR systems, I think it's a competing company.
    Has anyone here purchased one or even seen one in the field?

I.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Sa View Post
    I also am very interested in this product. But I don't think it's produced by FLIR systems, I think it's a competing company.
    Has anyone here purchased one or even seen one in the field?

I.S.
    It is FLIR
    it hasn't bin in Canada yet but I'm hopping thay start bring in this model
    I bin on the fence on thermo I have bin looking at all the scout modals thay com close to watt I wanted
    But the T14X is both a 3x rifle sight and a handheld unit
    It use AA battery's lightweight takes a memory card USB cord so you can plugin to a laptop
    Out of all the FLIR the T14X is by fare the most versatile which helps justify paying over $4,000

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    It is FLIR
    I have only ever seen the t14x offered by SPI Corp in the USA (and their infomercial style marketing makes it look kind of hokey).
    http://www.x20.org/t14x-thermal-rifle-scope

Can you provide a link to the FLIR systems rail mounted scope please?
    I'm glad to see someone else interested in this stuff. I've always wanted FLIR or NV but it's way too expensive to just buy/try. If I can spend this kinda money I've got one shot at getting it right :-)

I.S.

I have only ever seen the t14x offered by SPI Corp in the USA (and their infomercial style marketing makes it look kind of hokey).

I'm glad to see someone else interested in this stuff. I've always wanted FLIR or NV but it's way too expensive to just buy/try. If I can spend this kinda money I've got one shot at getting it right :-)

I.S.
    I'm in the same boat it is a lot
    It to bad ther no rent before you by
    I don't know how to post links,pic,or video I cam beryl run my iPad or a computer
    For my lack schooling I make up in skill and good looks haahaa
    I had to google it lol

I.S.
    It look like you right I fingered FLIR and FLIR systems was the same company
    Wat a disappointment

For me it doesn't have to come from FLIR systems. I just want the best buy I can find.
    There is another forum where some Americans discuss this scope (www.snipershide.com) . One guy raved about it, but he sounded like he worked for the company. A few others said that the specifications were weak noting that the 320 listed resolution was actually 160 lines plus interlace. My guess at this means that images probably aren't recognizable outside of 150m.
    But I've never handled one and would be really interested if anyone here could comment on real world usage...

I.S.

"FLIR" actually operates like many different companies under one roof. So the military systems is very different from the commercial systems etc.

It is not uncommon for their cores and parts division to sell "FLIR cores" to third party manufacturers who then produce devices that compete with the other FLIR divisions.

It's a little strange, but they're usually all using the same internals.

We don't like commenting in other sponsors forums, so its worth noting that Tactical Imports clip-on thermal system is the first we've seen in Canada. That's some top of the line fusion tech right there:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast