Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great advice from Rusty/Rotten Wood

I have had numerous dealings with Rusty Wood Trading Co and found them Very helpful and accomadating with great service ethic .I have never hesitated to recomend them to others .
    You do realize they didn't make the brass and sometimes tolerances in products or tools happen .
    Resorting to name calling on a public doesn't solve anything ,but verifing the fact you are a difficult customer .
    Cheers Peter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've ordered from them before too, and when there was a mistake made by them the one time, they bent over backwards to fix it. I won't hesitate to recomend them to anyone.
    Kristian

Sub-standard shell holder? Did you "mike" the shell holder, checking rim thickness? All reloading books show a diagram of the cartridges dimensions, usually on the first page. Was the rim thickness of the brass within SAAMI (Small Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute) specs? If you are not in possession of a reloading manual, PM me, I'am always willing to help a fellow reloader.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by pmatuk View Post
    I have had numerous dealings with Rusty Wood Trading Co and found them Very helpful and accomadating with great service ethic .I have never hesitated to recomend them to others .
    x2.
    CSSA CCFR

CGN frequent flyer airtruck63chev's Avatar
    check the dims on the shells ? use something other than a ruler.
    JESUS PROMISED THE END OF ALL WICKED PEOPLE
    ODIN PROMISED THE END OF ALL ICE GIANTS
    I DON'T SEE MANY ICE GIANTS AROUND

Expired Business Member
    Thanks for all the support fellow CGN members, it is much appreciated.
    Just to clarify the issue here, POLARIS did call us saying he was having issues with the Bertram brass fitting his shell holder. I asked if he had tried another shell holder but he barked back that this shell holder had worked with all his other brass.( does not answer my question ) I offered that we had no other complaints but he then suggested I was lying because surely others had the same issue. I then suggested he measure the rims to check against SAAMI specs but he went into a rant with colourful language. I did suggest he call Bertram to ask about tolerances since we are not the manufacturer of the brass. I tried to continue that speaking directly to the manufacturer would be better than me as a middle man relaying messages back and forth. Sadly his language degraded and he threatened to post something on CGN - at this point I felt I could not satisfy him or come to a reasonable conclusion and suggested to him he shop elsewhere in the future.

We are very reasonable people in a small shop and try to accommodate everyone but will not be subjected to fowl language, name calling and threats on the phone or email PERIOD.
    Again thanks to all those CGN members that support us, but I think this thread should be stopped as it serves no purpose to the community or shooting sports.
    Peter Riedel, President

Rusty Wood doesn't make the brass.
    If there's an issue with the brass take it to the manufacturer.
    That's just common sense for something as specialized as Bertram products.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    if the brass rims are out of spec then it is a product issue which should be returned, no questions asked and dealer should deal with manufacturer as the customer cant really deal with someone in australia

if the shell holder is defective then buyer is out of luck

either way, calling a vendor and yelling and swearing is not a good solution

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    What did Bertram say?

Quote Originally Posted by rustywoodtc View Post
    Thanks for all the support fellow CGN members, it is much appreciated.
    Just to clarify the issue here, POLARIS did call us saying he was having issues with the Bertram brass fitting his shell holder. I asked if he had tried another shell holder but he barked back that this shell holder had worked with all his other brass.( does not answer my question ) I offered that we had no other complaints but he then suggested I was lying because surely others had the same issue. I then suggested he measure the rims to check against SAAMI specs but he went into a rant with colourful language. I did suggest he call Bertram to ask about tolerances since we are not the manufacturer of the brass. I tried to continue that speaking directly to the manufacturer would be better than me as a middle man relaying messages back and forth. Sadly his language degraded and he threatened to post something on CGN - at this point I felt I could not satisfy him or come to a reasonable conclusion and suggested to him he shop elsewhere in the future.

We are very reasonable people in a small shop and try to accommodate everyone but will not be subjected to fowl language, name calling and threats on the phone or email PERIOD.
    Again thanks to all those CGN members that support us, but I think this thread should be stopped as it serves no purpose isn't that called censorship? But you are right, it might well fit your needs to hide the truth!! to the community or shooting sports.
    Peter Riedel, President
    Rusty, you and I know exactly what was said on the phone.

Sure you can make up lies and try to embellish your lousy response and lack of customer service.
    It doesn't change a thing!

You remind me a lot of this other business, badger arms. He too had a lot of "yay sayers" and "supporters", until his practices became known, and he got the boot!

So you have no reason to make up lies, we (you and I) know what happened, and soon the rest of the forum will be aware of it too.
    Last edited by polaris; 10-16-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast