Thread: Friday 2pm Closure

Friday 2pm Closure

What's up? Store's closed on a Friday at 2pm?

Some notice would be nice. Making a trip into TSE to find the doors locked isn't cool. I checked CGN before I left and there's no notice here. At least you could have given some warning and saved people some time.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTarget View Post
    What's up? Store's closed on a Friday at 2pm?

Some notice would be nice. Making a trip into TSE to find the doors locked isn't cool. I checked CGN before I left and there's no notice here. At least you could have given some warning and saved people some time.
    It was in the newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by Corps View Post
    It was in the newsletter.
    how do you get a hold of this news letter?

Quote Originally Posted by 3661 View Post
    how do you get a hold of this news letter?
    By clicking "Newsletter Sign Up" on the cover page of their website, or by becoming a member at the range/ signing up for courses/ various other similar things (IE, putting your e-mail address in the specific field on the form).

Also, I might point out that relying on CGN for information on your local shop/ range/ club is not exactly the smartest thing to do. After all, most of these organisations have their own websites, and they are in no way obligated to spend all day on CGN.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pizdets17 View Post
    there staff issues there plus others like rifle bay not working..Thinking its time for a switch...
    I do apologize for the inconvenience, but we did send out a notice. Please sign up for the newsletter to avoid the disappointment. Please be warned, we will be closing early on Nov 10th (sunday) as we are hosting our annual military fundraiser.

As for the rifle bay closure: this was the first time in 2 years the bay has been closed for more than an afternoon. Unfortunately, about a year and a half ago I changed our policy and let people using soft steel jacketed ammo to shoot this ammo in our rifle bay. The consequence to this was the absolute misuse by people with their steel core ammo.

There was more damage in 18 months in the bay then in the first 11 years of our operation combined. No matter how we tried to police this, people found ways to cheat. Subsequently this caused me to close the bay and replace/repair a lot of steel including some of the armour plating on the backstop.

We also used this time to paint, clean, replace target trollies, etc....

This work was done during the week and did not impact the weekend use.

We now have done the repairs and in my opinion, made the bay better than it has ever been: brighter, cleaner and safe.

God willing, we will not have to shut the bay for major repairs for a number of years to come.

I still believe we offer an excellent value for our clients and provide a positive experience to new and old shooters alike. We only close early a few times a year to host a couple of fundraisers and we are constantly reinvesting in the facility to ensure both the quality and the safety.

As I have previously stated, if you have an issue with either me or TSE, you know where I will be and I will be happy to speak.

Sincerely,

JR
    Owner
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

I think they were closed early for a private function...and rifle bay has been redone and open for a week or so...and its reeeeeeeeally bright in there now!

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I do apologize for the inconvenience, but we did send out a notice. Please sign up for the newsletter to avoid the disappointment. Please be warned, we will be closing early on Nov 10th (sunday) as we are hosting our annual military fundraiser.

As for the rifle bay closure: this was the first time in 2 years the bay has been closed for more than an afternoon. Unfortunately, about a year and a half ago I changed our policy and let people using soft steel jacketed ammo to shoot this ammo in our rifle bay. The consequence to this was the absolute misuse by people with their steel core ammo.

There was more damage in 18 months in the bay then in the first 11 years of our operation combined. No matter how we tried to police this, people found ways to cheat. Subsequently this caused me to close the bay and replace/repair a lot of steel including some of the armour plating on the backstop.

We also used this time to paint, clean, replace target trollies, etc....

This work was done during the week and did not impact the weekend use.

We now have done the repairs and in my opinion, made the bay better than it has ever been: brighter, cleaner and safe.

God willing, we will not have to shut the bay for major repairs for a number of years to come.

I still believe we offer an excellent value for our clients and provide a positive experience to new and old shooters alike. We only close early a few times a year to host a couple of fundraisers and we are constantly reinvesting in the facility to ensure both the quality and the safety.

As I have previously stated, if you have an issue with either me or TSE, you know where I will be and I will be happy to speak.

Sincerely,

JR
    Owner
    Keep up the great work J.R. , Thank you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    I want an indoor range to shoot rifles as well
    What?

NOTICE: The Shooting Edge will be closing early on Nov. 10 for our Annual Private Military Fundraiser.