Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HK SL8 Non-Restricted .223 Rifles IN STOCK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JR Hartman View Post
    poopy 5 round expensive mags. yea. sounds like fun...
    wolverine sells spear 5/30 mags that are drop in. Magpul G36 mags work with a slight modification to the mag. The factory G36 mags will work as well but require a small modification to the rifle because there is not enough material like in the magpul mags.

Switching to Stanag type mags on this rifle would be a mistake IMO since the G36 uses arguably the most reliable mag design out there.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have a Hera Arms BCK Gen 2 on my SL8. For those who don't like the thumbhole stock, the HA and other conversions out there put a pistol grip and the ability to put AR and ACR butt stocks on. Yea a little more money but you can do the conversion later after the rifle purchase. I do 1 MOA with my handloads.

Moe

what a beauty!
    I hate the stock though, I wonder if this could be used for hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I have a Hera Arms BCK Gen 2 on my SL8. For those who don't like the thumbhole stock, the HA and other conversions out there put a pistol grip and the ability to put AR and ACR butt stocks on. Yea a little more money but you can do the conversion later after the rifle purchase.
    I've got a g36 conversion kit on EE if anyone is looking
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

Scrap Bill C-68

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jackrabbit000's Avatar
    I would have bought one a long time ago if it came stock with a shorter barrel and a muzzle brake or flash hider. I know this will come up...no, I don 't want to machine it down and thread it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenida View Post
    what a beauty!
    I hate the stock though, I wonder if this could be used for hunting?
    Yes it can be used for hunting. It is non restricted rifle et very accurate and it is way lighter than it looks, believe me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeschurman View Post
    I've got a g36 conversion kit on EE if anyone is looking
    who is it made by?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

I know its probably gonna be awhile but I'll wait to see if the HK 243 or 293 become legal in Canada....probably gonna cost a small fortune to get one. oh well

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OMegaone View Post
    I know its probably gonna be awhile but I'll wait to see if the HK 243 or 293 become legal in Canada....probably gonna cost a small fortune to get one. oh well
    I too will buy an HK 243. It should not be too expensive. HK has quoted $1900 to $2100 USD for the 293. So after the usual Canadian importer/dealer effects that should be $2900 to $3100 Canadian. Probably wont see these here for a couple years yet.

Moe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234