Thread: Again great experience at p&d

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davie Sprocket's Avatar

Talking Again great experience at p&d

Just had to tell everyone about our visit to p&d this afternoon. Went in looking to find a new .22 for my girlfriend. Drifted towards the restricted as I usually do, had a great time watching my girlfriend handling the pistols and the atmosphere and staff was great. Everyone of the staff was awesome. Couple jokes later and Chris went home with a nice 10/22 stainless synthetic and I ended up with a new t97n.

Just a great time, giving Gunnar a pat on the head (little white dog) some donut holes, some great talk and jokes with the staff. Its no wonder that when I am in the part of the city I stop in and have a look.
    Donate to the orgs, CCFR, CSSA, NFA. Join the CPC. Fight the LPC at each turn. We must be united. Sign the petitions, call, email, mail the mp's, senators, mla's. Get the word out to friends, family anyone and everyone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Always a pleasure, thanks P&D !

Although I have never been in the store, all my dealings with P&D have been easy and positive.

Hey Guys,
    Just a heads up: If you purchase a new rifle from P&D, which would obviously be under warranty, please beware that P&D will not take it back, even if it fails out of the box. It has now been almost 7 months since I purchased a TC Icon, and I'm still waiting for the manufacturer/importer/warranty centre to "make it right." There was a gouge in the chamber. Seems that the retailer should be the one who puts up with this BS, not the customer. I find it curious that P&D will take back used firearms, but not new ones. My experience with other retailers (e.g. Cabelas, Wanstalls) is that they just do a refund/swap and then they take care of the warranty claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Just a heads up: If you purchase a new rifle from P&D, which would obviously be under warranty, please beware that P&D will not take it back, even if it fails out of the box. It has now been almost 7 months since I purchased a TC Icon, and I'm still waiting for the manufacturer/importer/warranty centre to "make it right." There was a gouge in the chamber. Seems that the retailer should be the one who puts up with this BS, not the customer. I find it curious that P&D will take back used firearms, but not new ones. My experience with other retailers (e.g. Cabelas, Wanstalls) is that they just do a refund/swap and then they take care of the warranty claim.
    There is a lot more to this situation than you are giving. This was a special order of a firearm we not inventory (6.5 Creedmore) of the TC Icon (that is not a very popular make and model)and you were discouraged from us doing it in the first place however you wanted to go ahead with the order. When the gun arrived and was found to be defective there was no other option available than to send it to the warranty center. The distributor was unwilling to accept it back for exchange (no other gun available in Canada) or refund therefore we would have been stuck with a relatively unpopular gun and very limited interest caliber that would be almost impossible to sell other than on special order. Since that time the warranty center has confirmed the gun should be replaced however S&W (parent company of TC) dragged their feet on what they would do. Eventually S&W agreed to replace the gun but again have been slow in getting the permits done even though the gun and replacement serial # was confirmed. Chris (our store manager and co owner) has made several calls and emails on your behalf including face to face meetings with the distributor and several executives of the company in an effort to resolve the problem to your satisfaction. At this point we all are at the mercy of the distributor and S&W waiting for them to do their job. Phil.

My experience with P&D was great. I had mail order purchased a savage btvlss from P&D that arrived with a crooked stock to barrel alignment. I immediately called about the issue and after a short dicussion and a few email pictures I sent it back. A week later a new replacment arrived!

P&D served me well and I will not hesitate to purchase from them again!

THANKS P&D
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

I have never had a bad experience at P&D.
    Except that when i go there, out of addiction, they are more than happy to service that addiction.
    I believe, Cardiff, you are being unfair with your post. No store is going to take back special order, limited market, merchandise without a serious restocking fee. What are you willing to let your TC problem (not P&D problem) cost you? These people are not in business because they like the exercise program.
    Passion transcends reason, dreams defy prudence and desire is irrational....Party on!