Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW Magwedge LAR-15 Coupler -- Designed for the C-Products Defense Mags!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gothmog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlcruisin View Post
    so did Gothmog install it right or should one of the mags be reversed?
    Yes, its installed properly .... as a matter of fact it will only go on that way.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Danimal247's Avatar
    If they were intended to create a stick mag that's fine, but I wasn't aware. I thought it was just to reduce the curvature of the old wedge that make them kinked looking

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    If you do a bit of metal work, you can use the original wedge on the new mags, but in reverse. There is a thread on that somewhere.

Installed these on the 7.62x39 xcr mags. HUGE improvement. Perfectly straight and no curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal247 View Post
    Hmm that looks weird too. Did you try installing one mag in the other direction to give it some curve?
    x2 can we see picture of them installed the other way?
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

I like the idea of the straight "stick" mag. Most chest rigs mag pouches are straight up and down. The mags should go in and pull out with ease.
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

- *English as a second language, viewer "patience" is advised! -

Please note! Wanstalls Online is a great online store and I will recommend them to my friends and family
    This is a review for a specific product, and Wanstalls Online are only a distributer (and a very good one!)

This is my review for the new MagWedge coupler for the C-Products Defense LAR-15

- In my opinion, DO NOT BUY THIS COUPLER -

So, like another have mention, they have a severe design flaw! (again, in my opinion)
    Unlike the old good MagWedge coupler, when the mags install using the new coupler, they are facing away from each other, and required an extra step to orient the mags between reloads!
    *defeating the whole purpose of the coupler in my opinion.
    * they may work fine on an AR-15, but for a bullpup rifles this is very bad.

Also, because the coupler is straight (parallel ) it is not making any sense to try and revers the mags (I did try - believe me).

Although the quality and the build of this coupler is excellent (like the old style coupler) this is a very poor designed product for a bullpup rifles, and I was VERY disappointed.

A few more things about this coupler,
    (+) The installation was super easy and straight forward, less then a minute overall.
    (-) because this coupler is squared, the overall size of the mags joined will be extended, making it a bit longer then normal 5/30 mags, I personally didn't liked it, your miles may very.
    (-) This coupler don't follow the body shape of the mags, and the mags feel awkward in your hands... (see pics)

To Wanstalls Online: please review this product and maybe consider removing it from your shelf to prevent further customers disappointment.
    People that are buying this coupler expecting this coupler to preform the same as the old MagWedge coupler (mag facing the same direction), and will be very disappointed at the range when they discover that they need to make an extra step to orient the mags between reloads...

I guess that I would be less disappointed if "Wanstalls Online" where mentioning in their website that this couplers are not the same as the old one.
    Reading the description, I was under the impression that this new couplers are the answer to the C-Products Defense Mags
    I am not angry, just disappointed that's all.

Wanstalls Online, MagWedge coupler.
    SKU: MAGWEDGE2

Left: The new MagWedge coupler for C-Products Defense LAR-15
    Right : the original MagWedge LAR-15 magazine coupler (some modification needed)

The new MagWedge coupler for C-Products Defense LAR-15, straight and long...

Last edited by A.R.X-D; 11-15-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    *English as a second language, viewer "patience" is advised!

I'm glad I waited and didn't jump in yet. Can you please post the steps on how to modify the older model of the magwedge? Thanks
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    I'm glad I waited and didn't jump in yet. Can you please post the steps on how to modify the older model of the magwedge? Thanks
    File off the lip on the thick end I assume.

Wow. What a bizarrely dramatic post. Total nonsense IMO.
    Design flaw? I couldn't disagree more. The fact that you prefer something different and that you think they "look funny" isn't an "extreme design flaw".
    I have these on some of my c- products mags. The fact that they orient in opposite directions makes flipping the mag around and reloading easier (using the "go vertical mag change technique" on the T97). The lock-down screws are a very nice feature. I've used them in my T97 many times and they are great.
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 11-15-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Sp/clarity
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast