Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cheytac Rifle shipment just in. Save $3,000.00!

I must be missing something. I get it's a nice rifle, but that Stock is $3000, how can the barreled action and magazine be worth $10,000 to $13,000? I mean a $2000 action with a $1000 barrel and a $3000 stock, plus $500 in accessories only makes $6500, $7000 to be fair. What do I get for the other six to nine thousand dollars?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

Had to resurect this old thread. Was googling the cheytac to see if it's available in Canada and it was The price is a little surprising thought since it costs more then some Barrett 50 cals! It got me thinking what would happen if the RCMP decided to re-classify it as a prohib one day like they've done and attempted to do with other rifles? $16000 + tax is a lot of rifle to donate to the RCMP, considering the value would they let owners attempt to re-home them in a market where the regulations have more common sense like America?

Been considering a big ticket item like a Barrett or other similar large caliber rifle, but after the Swiss arms gun grab in 2014 I lost my nerve to invest in anything over $3-4k

Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    Strangely enough, I have never met a millionaire at any gun range in my life. I guess I got friends in low places.
    Real millionaires don't advertise it... :-)
    PRACTICE, so there'll only be a Singleshotneeded! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Blastattack View Post
    I must be missing something. I get it's a nice rifle, but that Stock is $3000, how can the barreled action and magazine be worth $10,000 to $13,000? I mean a $2000 action with a $1000 barrel and a $3000 stock, plus $500 in accessories only makes $6500, $7000 to be fair. What do I get for the other six to nine thousand dollars?
    You get what you get when you buy any fashionable name...you get to say that you own a Chichi-tack!

Why wouldn't a guy buy a .50 BMG Barrett instead, if you're after a big bore toy to shoot targets, is there a point to spending more thousands on a Cheytac that you can instead use for other firearms that expand your collection?
    Last edited by pisces-guy; 05-11-2017 at 03:29 AM.

I'll take 3!

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces-guy View Post
    Why wouldn't a guy buy a .50 BMG Barrett instead, if you're after a big bore toy to shoot targets, is there a point to spending more thousands on a Cheytac that you can instead use for other firearms that expand your collection?
    No... we imported no more cheytac rifles simply because we could not justify the pricing.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces-guy View Post
    No... we imported no more cheytac rifles simply because we could not justify the pricing.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    One has to ask ... what are the components worth ...... powder and primers ok can get almost anywhere....... but as for bullets where does one get them and what is available....fmj's ... solid copper???.... what can one get... the military stuff don't shoot great....and it's a no no on certain military bullets
    Also the brass ...... how much!!!
    Edm arms that's nice ....
    Rest in peace William the original maker of the chey-tac the edm m96 nice
    Apparently he past on
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    One has to ask ... what are the components worth ...... powder and primers ok can get almost anywhere....... but as for bullets where does one get them and what is available....fmj's ... solid copper???.... what can one get... the military stuff don't shoot great....and it's a no no on certain military bullets
    Also the brass ...... how much!!!
    Edm arms that's nice ....
    Rest in peace William the original maker of the chey-tac the edm m96 nice
    Apparently he past on
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast