Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2434363738394041424344

Thread: M1 Garand Stripped Receivers $49.95

+1 for parts kit
    ‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
    Mahatma Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Remote Six View Post
    +1 for parts kit
    Don't hold your breath. The history around these receivers is they arrived in Canada as complete rifles circa 1998. The US border was (and is) closed to non US military firearms, so the best way to get their money's worth was for the importers to strip all the parts off. Fifteen years ago Garand parts kits were all over the interweb, and collectors swapped, switched and matched to find period correct drawing numbers. Those were your parts. Sorry to have caused you pain.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Just got mine. Im no expert but my understanding is the PB serial numbers are Beretta's? These look mint Not even sure they're used. Its going to be the first rifle I build.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    We still have some receivers left.

Parts, I have a meeting in a month with some of my European friends and they tell me they have about 15 crates of M1 Garand spare parts for me to look at.

There are no barrels, bolts or stocks. What else (small parts) do you want?

Ryan
    Any parts that are NOS or in excellent condition. Gas cylinders & operating rods are hard to find in these conditions.

I am not looking for cheap parts.

Can't wait to see what you will find in those crates!

If anyone is within roadtrip distance of Harrowsmith ON, make the drive. I drove 3 1/2 hours this morning to visit SFRC and was pleased with my purchase ( 10 more Beretta receivers) but mostly the friendly folks there. The quad .50 parked at the door was unexpected and everything went up from there! Now if they can find parts by the ton, I will be one happy camper!

p.s. I might not build one every 17 minutes but what I do get together is Guaranteed Garand Goodness!
    p.p.s. If this parts deal comes through, I will be back in half the time!
    when guns are outlawed we become subjects.

Non-compliance, 'cause bad laws are worse than no laws.

Oh man, if I knew then what I know now.

I remember reading Le Baron catalogues in the mid-1990's where they were selling the Breda and Beretta Garands (complete rifles) in "good" to "very good" condition for like $200-300 or so. Funny thing is, they had them year after year and there didn't seem to be much of a demand / market for those spaghetti versions. I ended up buying two original Springfield M1's (1943-dated) from a guy for $250 a piece, lol... should've bought more, he had a whole stack of them!

Sadly, it is highly improbable that "parts kits" will be available for these. Production ceased decades ago and everything was already sold out in the form of complete rifles or parts kits. Then again, of course, there's still the myth of the "Korean Garands" lingering somewhere in the Twilight Zone, awaiting to be brought to the Canadian market by someone like SFRC... if that gives you any hope!

Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    Oh man, if I knew then what I know now.

I remember reading Le Baron catalogues in the mid-1990's where they were selling the Breda and Beretta Garands (complete rifles) in "good" to "very good" condition for like $200-300 or so. Funny thing is, they had them year after year and there didn't seem to be much of a demand / market for those spaghetti versions. I ended up buying two original Springfield M1's (1943-dated) from a guy for $250 a piece, lol... should've bought more, he had a whole stack of them!

Sadly, it is highly improbable that "parts kits" will be available for these. Production ceased decades ago and everything was already sold out in the form of complete rifles or parts kits. Then again, of course, there's still the myth of the "Korean Garands" lingering somewhere in the Twilight Zone, awaiting to be brought to the Canadian market by someone like SFRC... if that gives you any hope!

Oh the things we would have done if we had known...

About when I built mine, 2-3 years ago, the Greek Depression was on, and, a LOT of Garand parts started to show up on ebay, from Greece. Bolts, Barrels, etc. Seems someone might have broken into a few old warehouses and found some things...

Don't lose hope. There ARE still surprises to be found in old warehouses and store rooms... The problem is that after 70+ years of questionable storage... what's left might not be in super great shape....