Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun of the Week: UTAS UTS-15 Shotgun

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-GUY View Post
    Hear you loud and clear Mr Wolverine. Watch out Grumpy
    You can beat a dead horse all you want brother but it still ain't gonna pull the cart any faster.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Seeing as how you are in our neck of the woods, stop by the shop and I'll put one in your hands. We can go out back and you can run some rounds through it and tell me what you think once you have had a chance to actually use one. The reloading is different than some other models, but once you're used to it you can really recharge it fairly quickly. The reliability issues have been fixed in the last batch we have and we have been working on upgrading the existing shotguns to the new specs. I've seen ALL makes and models of shotguns new and old malfunction at one point in time or another, some from mechanical issues and a lot of the time from a user error.
    I might have to take you up on that... You don't seem that grumpy after all.
    Last edited by CousinTony; 10-25-2013 at 03:55 AM.

Come on down and you will be more than welcome to try it out. Don't tell people I'm not Grumpy I have an image to up hold :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Honestly I too think your trying to push them too much now. They have a bad record of having many issues and your probably stuck with a container of them because they aren't selling as a result of the issues. Better drop the price to cost with free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    Honestly I too think your trying to push them too much now.
    He's a salesman and is doing his job damn well! When these guns first came out I heard all the reviews and didn't think much of them. But with how hard Wolverine is pushing them and how professional they're being with fixing the issues, i'd by lying if I said I wasn't intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffFromCanada View Post
    He's a salesman and is doing his job damn well! When these guns first came out I heard all the reviews and didn't think much of them. But with how hard Wolverine is pushing them and how professional they're being with fixing the issues, i'd by lying if I said I wasn't intrigued.
    We really aren't salesmen at Wolverine. None of us make a commission. The majority of us have no background in sales at all. We are just a bunch of folks with a passion for the shooting sports. Most of us have been shooting from the time we were children. All of us either used to compete in various types of shooting matches regularly or still do We would rather see someone walk out of the store happy and empty handed than to leave with something that wasn't right for them or something they didn't want.

I may seem to be pimping these shotguns but that really isn't the case. I'm just trying to show that these really are a good firearm. I've held them. I've shot many rounds through them. I've taken them down and seen what makes them tick. I thought I'd share my thoughts on them to try and counter the opinions of others that in a lot of cases are based on watching a couple of old outdated videos on an American made first run firearm. If we never sold another one of these shotguns I would still be telling people in ten years time that I think they are a good firearm.

Trust me when I say that anyone who knows me will says that I call a spade a spade and if I thought these weren't that great, I'd be the first one telling the boss and anyone who asks. You don't get a nickname like mine by being all sweet, smiley and going with the flow.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 10-25-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Spelling!

I believe I am #4 on the tester ( road show ) list. The weld on the ring that holds the barrel on mine broke, right from the get go. So I did not get much of a chance to play with my UTS15.
    I have a KSG now . While it is very nice shotgun and a pile of fun , it is no 870.
    I will to my best to do a review and a comparison . Then post it here .
    One thing the UTS has going for it is , you do not have to switch from one tube to the next , like the KSG.
    So the UTS should be able to go through 15 rounds way quicker. If that is something that you are interested in.
    I have not tried 3 gun , but I have been told this is important in these competitions ?
    Excuse any typos and spelling , I have had a couple of long difficult days , and I am probably to burnt out to be posting on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    A lot of times the feeding issue is not racking the action forcefully enough (the gentleman in the video even mentions this). These shotguns need to be cycled with intent, not gently. Also check your barrel nut, it needs to be tightened down very very tight, that can cause the non cycling of the empty shell. We are the warranty center for these, if you want to contact us at sales@wolverinesupplies.com and just tell them you want to talk to grumpy about your shotgun I'll be glad to help you out. We'll get it working for you so you can use it in competition. I'll check to see to if your shotgun is from the batch that needs the monoblock upgrade done to it. I'm going to be running one next season in the matches.
    I would say that yes there's a possibility of it not being cycled properly the 11th or 12th time in a rapid fire fashion but all to often its the 2nd or 3rd shot when I'm firing at a normal rate. When I got the gun from the very beginning it would fire the round and then it was impossible to pull the slide back more than a few inches, it was like something was catching but there were no markings on the casing or anywhere else that I could find. I would have to take the gun in half to get the thing back to normal, this persisted for maybe a dozen attempts and after awhile it stopped but now there are chips in the plastic right at the ejection port where the shell would sit before its cycled forward. Its maybe had 300 rounds through it in its life, i barely get time to go out and shoot/I still don't have a optic for it. If I get time maybe I can shoot a video of it, knowing my luck the thing will function flawlessly.

Anyways I won't go into anymore detail but I'll look at the barrel nut and make sure its really on there good. The guns gotten better with time but I don't think that's due to me getting used to it. I've had probably a half dozen people try it and the issues were frequent for them as well but as time went on more of the new shooters never had the problems that were originally there. That being said, its still not performing as well as it should still. If it didn't look and feel so amazing I would've shipped it back a long time ago.

It is one of the earlier ones, I was the second order I believe (April order). I'll shoot off an email early next week once I'm home with photos of the area I think is causing the sticking issue as well as the camo flaking. You didn't mention anything about the camo so I don't know if this is a common problem with all guns or just this one but it was $200 so if there's anything that can be done I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks for the response and I hope I didn't cost you any sales with my post, just being honest.
    -Mike
    I write letters, sometimes the editor screws up and they get printed

Ignatieff said the best memorial is "strict, relentless gun control."

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGunz View Post
    I would say that yes there's a possibility of it not being cycled properly the 11th or 12th time in a rapid fire fashion but all to often its the 2nd or 3rd shot when I'm firing at a normal rate. When I got the gun from the very beginning it would fire the round and then it was impossible to pull the slide back more than a few inches, it was like something was catching but there were no markings on the casing or anywhere else that I could find. I would have to take the gun in half to get the thing back to normal, this persisted for maybe a dozen attempts and after awhile it stopped but now there are chips in the plastic right at the ejection port where the shell would sit before its cycled forward. Its maybe had 300 rounds through it in its life, i barely get time to go out and shoot/I still don't have a optic for it. If I get time maybe I can shoot a video of it, knowing my luck the thing will function flawlessly.

Anyways I won't go into anymore detail but I'll look at the barrel nut and make sure its really on there good. The guns gotten better with time but I don't think that's due to me getting used to it. I've had probably a half dozen people try it and the issues were frequent for them as well but as time went on more of the new shooters never had the problems that were originally there. That being said, its still not performing as well as it should still. If it didn't look and feel so amazing I would've shipped it back a long time ago.

It is one of the earlier ones, I was the second order I believe (April order). I'll shoot off an email early next week once I'm home with photos of the area I think is causing the sticking issue as well as the camo flaking. You didn't mention anything about the camo so I don't know if this is a common problem with all guns or just this one but it was $200 so if there's anything that can be done I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks for the response and I hope I didn't cost you any sales with my post, just being honest.
    When you get a second shoot an email to sales@wolverinesupplies.com attention Grumpy and we will get it all worked out for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12