Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SKS rifles.

I hear unlike the others they also have a spring loaded firing pin unlike the previous one having floating firing pin

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Refurbed vs non-refurbed? How are they pinned? Can you show pictures of the pinned mag?
    Click on any of the SKS, it will tell you that they are refurb, as for the mag people are more than aware of the quality workmanship, similar to the Chinese pinning.... will photograpg will be up when our photographer has a moment....
    Marstar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fundy1 View Post
    I hear unlike the others they also have a spring loaded firing pin unlike the previous one having floating firing pin
    Factory does not dictate whether the FP is spring loaded or not. That comes down to year of manufacture.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezuch View Post
    Why is there a price difference between Izhevsk and Tula? Is Izhevsk SKS better quality?
    What does that option mean: "Special selection for a specific date etc.(Hand Select)... $25.00"? Do you get a better rifle if choosing hand select?

Thank you!
    Quality is the same, Izhevsk was produced in somewhat smaller lots, therefore rarer....
    Hand select is an additional charge should one wish a special date/ manufacture combination, NO difference in quality
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    1949 & 50 Tula have spring firing pin & no chromed bore.
    51-56 Russian Tula, 53-54 Izzy and all Chinese have floating pin and chromed bore.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Click on any of the SKS, it will tell you that they are refurb, as for the mag people are more than aware of the quality workmanship, similar to the Chinese pinning.... will photograpg will be up when our photographer has a moment....
    Marstar
    I have a Chinese SKS from you that is nicely done with a pin that looks like the original pins used during manufacturing. Very nice.

I also have a Yugo M59 from you that was pinned with a standard aluminum rivet though a part number stamped into the metal that looks less nice.

This is why I asked. Just wanted clarification of which style the Russians were treated to.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Expired Business
    CLICK HERE FOR LATEST SKS COMBO DEAL

>>>> http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/produc...roductid=85538
    Marstar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12