Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: M-1 Garand parts

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    Forget parts - why not bring in complete rifles? Lots to be had thanks to Barry-O.
    Am I missing something here ??
    John

Yeah tell me more too.

Forget parts - why not bring in complete rifles? Lots to be had thanks to Barry-O.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Am I missing something here ??
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by WW2GURU View Post
    Yeah tell me more too.
    He's talking about the Korean garands

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm sure John is aware. He doesn't live in a bubble.

Korean Garands? I think John has heard that one more than a few times!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    The summary:

CAI bought many thousands of Garands in a well advertised gov't auction in South Korea last year. While arranging import, Barry-O just banned the re-import of all US manufacture C&R rifles, unless through the CMP. The CMP doesn;t own the SK M1's and never will since a private company owns them.

Fast forward to last month, Trigger wholesale publicly posts on Face book they are bringing in 6000 M1 garlands, M1 carbines and MkI Inglis Hi-Powers. The bulk of these rifles are Garands.

Now flip over to Gunboards. Some folks connected to CAI are hinting around that many Garand parts kits may soon come to the USA via Canada.

This movie has been filmed before. The Danish M1's were a CAI import to Canada, the ones not part of the rifles that legally had to be returned via CMP. A few thousand were sold cheaply in Canada to cover the Canadian middle man, at the time it was Districorp and CAI Montreal, and the bulk were broken for parts kits and sent to the USA. Why are we not awash in Danish M1 receivers more so than this would dictate... well... let's just say some businessmen tried to arrange for the receivers to follow the parts kits in clandestine fashion and it wasn't successful. But I digress...

The rumour all around the bazaar is that garands that were bound for the US will instead come to Canada, some to be siphoned off, and the remainder to be broken into kits and sold southwardly. Could be rumour, but then why is the Canadian importer posting all about it on Facebook???

Me, I'm hoping the rumour is true. I've tired of seeing $200 Districorp M1's with a fresh park job and an aftermarket commercial stock selling for $1500+ on the Equipment Exchange.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

We need op rods in a bad way in this country
    Opinions are like a$$holes and yes I have both

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Aha! I found the link about the last time when folks were caught exporting the receivers form the Breda/Beretta parts kits Don't take my word for it...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ing-probe.html

May 2, 2000 - Reuters.

TORONTO -- More than 1,700 military rifles and ammunition for them have been seized by Canadian and U.S. police in one of the largest cross-border weapons smuggling cases ever exposed, Toronto police said Tuesday.

Police said the weapons, including three machine guns and 1,709 M1 Grand Rifles, were similar to those used by the U.S. military forces in World War II and in the Korean War. All are believed to be in good working order.Police also confiscated 39 illegal high-capacity M1 magazine cartridges, 100 M1 Grand Barrels and 21,139 receivers for the rifles in separate searches in Toronto, Montreal and Reno, Nev.

Police said Paul Gardner of Kingston, Tenn., and Jerome June, of Rochester, N.Y., were arrested in connection with the case and face charges of possession of restricted weapons. They were both released from custody and will appear in a Canadian court Thursday.

A third suspect was still being sought.

Toronto police spokesman Sgt. Frederick Ellarby said the weapons would probably be destroyed. [emphasis by Claven2 - they were smelted]

"The guns will probably be destroyed, but it is all up to the courts," he told Reuters.

The arrests follow a yearlong investigation by the Ontario Provincial Weapons Enforcement Unit, the Toronto Police Firearms Office, the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, and the Canadian and the U.S. customs services.

Police refused to comment on why the guns were being smuggled.

Toronto Police Superintendent Ron Taverner of the Special Investigation Services, was expected to release more details about the case at a news conference later Tuesday.
    That being said, if this happens again, I doubt the receivers will go south with a Democrat in office.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Aha! I found the link about the last time when folks were caught exporting the receivers form the Breda/Beretta parts kits Don't take my word for it...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ing-probe.html

May 2, 2000 - Reuters.

That being said, if this happens again, I doubt the receivers will go south with a Democrat in office.
    1,709 garand will now disapear... melted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Police refused to comment on why the guns were being smuggled.
    Because F-ed up government regulations impeding on what should be private business.

Thanks for the news Claven.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast