Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Svt rifles

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    i GET ANNOYED WHEN PEOPLE MAKE IRRESPONSIBLE AND ILL-INFORMED STATEMENTS
    If you are so convinced of your statement then lets make a deal, I'm certain you support either the CSSA or the NFA, or both.... Then how about a small wager ? You come to our office and I will prove that we had the guns, sold some and still have some of the shipment.
    If I prove that we had the snipers then you pay the group of your choice $1000. if I can't prove it I will pay the donation.... Do we have a deal ?
    Looking forward to working out a deal with you
    John
    I'll call you on that, if we make the terms fair (I'll make it real easy for you). No one is going to drive out to the remote town of Vankleek Hill in North Eastern Ontario. I'll put $100 towards NFA/CSSA in Marstar's name if you prove me wrong. You took some time to post pictures on Facebook of your recent haul, you can take a minute or two to pull some rifles out of a crate and photograph them.

You've basically pissed on everyone in this thread who has questioned you, we have the right to, we're your potential customers. We may have to pay for shipping to return the rifle to you, that means we're out of pocket anywhere from $20-50. That doesn't warrant some questioning? This is the kind of attitude we get instead:

While the Canadian "experts" complained, bitched, accused us, etc, etc, an off shore dealer saw an excellent opportunity and acted....
    Here is your ad for a regular SVT:

Here is your ad for a "sniper" SVT:

You claim to be the one true source of knowledge, a man who knows everything because he's been in the trade for 30 years, "how dare we question your authority!?". Then why, of all things, would you market a common SVT as a sniper SPECIFICALLY because it has rails. To add further confusion to the mix:

Yes we are aware of that, our mistake was not putting up specific detailed pictures, however that is now irrelevant as an off shore dealer picked them all up. Thank you for your interest.
    But you did... see above.

Some had the "notch" some did not, ALL had the correct serial number prefixes indicating sniper versions.
    Can you source this information, that unnotched SVT's were used as sniper rifles in battle at any point during the war on the eastern front? I can't, and my 1941 Podolsk with rails certainly wasn't a sniper rifle. You also failed to address this knowledgable fellows very informative work:

Quote Originally Posted by Ratnik View Post
    Greetings to all!
    I'm making a research about SVT sniper rifles. And I think this board is a right place to gather additional information about sniper rifle serials.
    As many of you know, SVT sniper rifles were officially produced at plant #314 in Tula (March-September 1941), and at plant #314 in Mednogorsk (March - October 1942).
    All sniper rifles were groupped in letter prefixes. But approach to SVT sniper rifles production in 1941 and 1942 was a different.
    1941 snipers mostly were marked with C mark at the right side of the reciever. But some correct sniper rifles are missing this C mark.
    All 1941 snipers had numeric prefixes less than xx 2000. Regular rifles can have sniper prefixes, but numeric prefix will be higher than 2000. There is one exception - in one known sniper prefix, НБ, few regular rifles are known with numeric prefix less than 2000. I don't know why this happened, but I have one assumption. I have another research about conformity of letter prefix and production month, and presumably НБ prefix rifles were produced at the beginning of July, just after war beginning, and it could cause some problems
    Barrels for 1941 sniper rifles were produced separately. Mounts were attached to rifle at the factory, and stamped with full rifle serial number
    1942 snipers are also grouped in prefixes, but regular and sniper rifles are mixed randomly in one prefix. All 1942 snipers don't had C proofmark at the right side of the receiver. There was no separate production of sniper barrels in 1942, when plant #314 was located in Mednogorsk. Best barrels were selected and used at sniper rifles. 1942 mounts were stamped only with numeric prefix.
    This is going beyond just a "missed deal". You are actively insulting your customer base's intelligence, all for something that was such a simple mistake/solution.

I'd like to see a timestamped picture of your authentic sniper SVT rifles, you said you had 50 but shipped some of them, yet these are all sniper rifles. How does taking a picture of 15-20 of them sound? When that happens, I'll shut my big "complaining, bitchy, know-nothing" gob, make a public apology, kiss your ass, and donate $100 towards a firearms organization of your choice - on one condition - you admit the advertising for these rifles was wrong from the start.
    Last edited by Don Kael; 10-30-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    CSSA | CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kael View Post
    I'll call you on that
    Nice intelligent post. Unfourtuneatly thouh, John is just gonna be little you, that's his only defense because I'm sure by this point if they were notched he would have just shown it...
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

sounds like an ibtl thing.
    Si vis pacem para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war".

I am not trying to be rude, but what would have happened if I ordered one of these and you decided to sell the lot to another party.
    Look on the bright side of life. Life is too short to be negative!

Expired Business
    DON KAEL;
    This is getting ridiculous indeed....

"you can take a minute or two to pull some rifles out of a crate and photograph them."
    The rifle rifles we sold out of Canada are wrapped and crated ready to leave, now we are expected to open the shipment ,which leaves today or tomorrow, so we can satisfy your curiosity ?

"We may have to pay for shipping to return the rifle to you,that means we're out of pocket anywhere from $20-50."
    Why does this keep popping up, our warranty is clear, if not satisfied or the item is not what you expected, not as described, whatever, we pay the shipping, so what is the issue exactly ?? We are well known to have the best warranty policy in Canada, so what are the issues ??

" This is the kind of attitude we get instead:"
    I simply stated my observations, it simply was a case of first come, first served....

You quote our ad and point (red arrow) to the statement about the rails, not certain I understand what you are trying to say here ??

"You claim to be the one true source of knowledge, a man who knows everything because he's been in the trade for 30 years, ""
    Tis statement hardly merits comment, other than being completely ridiculous....

"Yes we are aware of that, our mistake was not putting up specific detailed pictures"
    Because of pressure from CGN I asked our photographer to get some pictures up ASAP, YES I freely admit we should have posted more detail pictures, what more can I say.... ??

I cannot understand the issues here, I admit the description was not complete, I admit we should have posted more pictures.... But this is history can we move on ?
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_jonny View Post
    I am not trying to be rude, but what would have happened if I ordered one of these and you decided to sell the lot to another party.
    ALL orders placed on line and by phone go into the system and are assigned an order number. That way the orders are filled in sequence according to date and time....
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    "Yes we are aware of that, our mistake was not putting up specific detailed pictures"Because of pressure from CGN I asked our photographer to get some pictures up ASAP, YES I freely admit we should have posted more detail pictures, what more can I say.... ??
    Nothing more that's alls you needed to say , that would have save alot of page's

I know if you had a picture up I would have pick one up! To bad there sold overseas :/ I just didn't have the disposable income to risk on a maiby not sniper svt.... as they say " trust but verify"
    CCFR member

That's the "Marstar difference" folks! LOL.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Nothing more that's alls you needed to say , that would have save alot of page's

I know if you had a picture up I would have pick one up! To bad there sold overseas :/ I just didn't have the disposable income to risk on a maiby not sniper svt.... as they say " trust but verify"
    You DO NOT risk anything at Marstar, please read about our warranty policy
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    You DO NOT risk anything at Marstar, please read about our warranty policy
    John
    You demand that we trust you but refuse to prove your right. I get it ok you warranty your product, that's really nice! Some of us just wanted to know beforehand cause we don't want to go true the hassle of buying getting a letdown then returning a rifle.
    CCFR member