Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hornady M16 Hot Tub Sonic Cleaner

Little rich for my blood. I made my own tumbler for cleaning brass from scrounged parts and scrap steel for nothing. If I had to have a US cleaner I would probably get one of these for a lot less money. http://ww w.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html. It has pretty good reviews and from what I hear it works great on small engine parts also.

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    Last edited by Somerset Bar; 10-26-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakII View Post
    Little rich for my blood. I made my own tumbler for cleaning brass from scrounged parts and scrap steel for nothing. If I had to have a US cleaner I would probably get one of these for a lot less money. http://ww w.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html. It has pretty good reviews and from what I hear it works great on small engine parts also.
    Who does that??? first off, those products aren't even close to being the same, and secondly, your on a dealer forum.....

My two cents, I have an US cleaner, works great, have not tried the One shot solution yet but want to. Does a great job cleaning but I still throw my brass in the tumbler with some polish in the media, probably overkill but I like shiny things......a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Pres 27 View Post
    Who does that??? first off, those products aren't even close to being the same, and secondly, your on a dealer forum.....

My two cents, I have an US cleaner, works great, have not tried the One shot solution yet but want to. Does a great job cleaning but I still throw my brass in the tumbler with some polish in the media, probably overkill but I like shiny things......a lot
    I guess I do! It's ok to swoon all over them and say how bad you gotta have one or how great they are, but offer some criticism or an alternative and your bad. Secondly I replied under recent posts and didn't know it was a dealer forum.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Complete noob to reloading but have ridiculous amounts of fired brass stockpiled.
    Would this be a practical tool for the everyday reloader,?
    And sorry if this is a stupid question but is it normal for firearms to be cleaned in a tumbler?
    Do the micro jests just recirculate a cleaning solution while the firearm is submerged?
    no because it's a pain in the rear making sure the suckers are dry the simple lazy way to do it is also have an air compressor then throw it in a tumbler after to make it nice and shiny on the outside. You deprime each round before you soak it which means you have to lube them all up then clean them because it cleans the primmer pockets as well depends on how clean you want your brass and how much time you want to put into it. You go through a lot of solution cleaning lots of brass did 200 308 win that took forever and I went through every second batch refilling it because it was to dirty.

You also have to be careful what you throw in there anything aluimin and you got a problem steel not so much but not everything is steel. If you throw 1 copper bullet (it fell in and I didn't notice it) it turns everything a nice copper color. I use a much smaller and allot cheaper ultrasonic cleaner but it depends on what you want it does a really good job at cleaning things and it's not just firearms that it can clean.

CGN Regular
    Whats the price tag on this?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyest Canuck View Post
    Whats the price tag on this?
    It's at the top of the 1st page.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but could you use this to clean all the metal parts of an SKS doused in Cosmoline? I have a SKS that I've been trying to figure out how best to clean and this seems like it would work, just not sure if it would or not? Thanks!

CGN Regular
    Ohhh I want I want I want! No no I need! :-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc_82 View Post
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but could you use this to clean all the metal parts of an SKS doused in Cosmoline? I have a SKS that I've been trying to figure out how best to clean and this seems like it would work, just not sure if it would or not? Thanks!
    Yes and it works well for that just make sure it's nice and warm before you throw it in. Just use soap and water 1 table spoon of dish soap (green or lemon pledge one) Works fine just dry it off after I used an air compressor to blow it out I did take the bolt apart and blew it out as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast