Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our new range gun.... Desert Eagle chambered in .50AE! $10/Round... No Minimum

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    This is marketing, i would pay 100.00 to shoot a full mag of DE cal 50 before buying it, if i dislike it, it's cheap... JP.

Last edited by blista77; 10-27-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesquik View Post
    I made some math and if they make 7.50$ per round then the gun is paid in 200 round if I get the normal price of 1500$. Is that the life of a desert eagle ?? No let say 1000-2000 bullet before barrel degradation and im gentle ... Let take then 1500 rounds as an average. With a single desert eagle they can make (1500-200)*7.50$ = 9750$... If you think that not absurd you are out of this world
    I think its hilarious when people get upset at all this "absurd" profit...

Supply and demand.

The shooting centre I go to also offers the 50AE as well as 50S&W, 454 Casull and other big bores. I've asked them how many people shoot it. The boss just laughs and says usually only STAG parties and B-days. After one round they usually cry "No mas!"

Special calibers for special occasions.

Again, this comes back to the restaurant analogy or almost any other retail/service business.

SUPPLY AND DEMAND

And congratulations on the math, glad to see our Canadian education system works!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    It's a "take it or leave it" offer. Not a demand that you fork over ten bucks for a single round out of a D.E. 50AE.

Someone else in Calgary should have one for rental

Plus TSE is a business they need to be profitable.

Reminds me of some guy who brought his Desert eagle to TSE. Yet he just let it sit there while he shot his sr22.... Lol. Why'd he even bring it out if you don't plan on shooting it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themarauder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesquik View Post
    I made some math and if they make 7.50$ per round then the gun is paid in 200 round if I get the normal price of 1500$. Is that the life of a desert eagle ?? No let say 1000-2000 bullet before barrel degradation and im gentle ... Let take then 1500 rounds as an average. With a single desert eagle they can make (1500-200)*7.50$ = 9750$... If you think that not absurd you are out of this world
    And if you rent a car they sure as hell aren't giving it to you for cost. And they're charging you a lot more than cost on fuel if you don't fuel it. Buy a newspaper ad. They're certainly charging you more than the cost of the paper it's on. etc etc.

I wouldn't pay that to shoot a DE but some people will. Supply and demand. If it doesn't sell they lower the price or get rid of the gun. You've clearly expressed that you're not going to go there to shoot it. Good for you.
    "Obviously a registry makes it easier to prohibit firearms," said Wendy Cukier (Coalition for Gun Control) - Right from the horse's mouth.

So what if the round costs x? they have huge overhead and labor costs to deal with. Don't like their markup on ammo? go buy a DE in .50AE and buy some ammo and have a blast.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sorry if this economics course seems to be derailing the original intent of this thread...

But let me add one more tidbit:

Let's say you have a Desert Eagle 50AE (or S&W 500 or insert favourite firearm...)

You are shooting it at the range and a total stranger next to you goes "Hey is that a DE50AE?"

"Would you let me shoot it?"

"How about if I paid for the bullet?"

"$5?"

"$8?"

"$10! I would rather shoot your gun than the one at the range!"

You could be making profit by renting out your gun to people and letting them shoot it at the range... But would you?

To be fair, I have both shot other peoples guns and let other people shoot my guns FOR FREE because I love guns and we want to expand our community. But I would not make a habit of it nor would I ever "pimp" my babies!!

I think The Shooting Edge should be commended for offering more firearms choices to the general public as well letting potential buyers to test fire something before committing a sizable sum of money to their "hobby"

Ibtl trololololol

That's a rip off, but for some reason, people will pay.
    Duncan

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast