Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our new range gun.... Desert Eagle chambered in .50AE! $10/Round... No Minimum

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I dont say it's not expensive... What i say, being in the market for restricted if you spend 100.00, it's less than 5% of what could be a bad buy... I see that like insurance on plane tickets, expensive but practical to save you a lot of money in case SHTF... In my book that is... JP.

If I was a business owner that had to zone an area for a shooting range, pay for the insurance that covers a shooting range, hire staff to baby sit non shooters as they fondle an expensive handgun, AND still try to make a profit? I don't know what I would be charging per shot, but I can't say for sure that it wouldn't be $10 a round.
    I know, it's going to be so awesome! /)^ε^(\

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    [QUOTE=charlesquik;9271570]I made some math and if they make 7.50$ per round then the gun is paid in 200 round if I get the normal price of 1500$. Is that the life of a desert eagle ?? No let say 1000-2000 bullet before barrel degradation and im gentle ... Let take then 1500 rounds as an average. With a single desert eagle they can make (1500-200)*7.50$ = 9750$... If you think that not absurd you are out of this world[/QUOTE]

I think it's fantastic. I wish I could make those margins!

in case you haven't heard....capitalism is ####ing awesome....
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

Sometimes you have to shoot a big f'ing gun just to get the "big recoil, big boom" jitters out of you. I sometimes wanna experience the next level of firepower ,And I think with a desert eagle the novelty would wear off. But I wouldn't know as I've never shot one. But for 100 bucks I could tell you.....I think it's worth it. Just to experience that next level you know what I mean?
    Just my 2 cents
    I can't see myself ever buying one but would love to shoot one.

its a free market. don't like it, don't pay for the service. i think half the people on EE selling in-production used pieces are delusional for asking basically the equivalent of the MSRP or more so their stuff will just sit there with 3 pages of btts. or maybe some sellers get lucky with an uninformed buyer or maybe they are in no hurry to sell and don't mind lowering their price 10 times. i don't really care. i will vote with my pocket book and the market is alway right.

there probably aren't too may other places to shoot a 50ae, and as other have pointed out it is a novelty item. maybe the strategy will be profitable. maybe not. they can always adjust.

Oh and when supply is limited as it is now, with taxes and shipping you could pay close to $4 / round.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    This is marketing, i would pay 100.00 to shoot a full mag of DE cal 50 before buying it, if i dislike it, it's cheap... JP.
    In .50AE, the DE holds seven rounds, so you can throw a mag for $70. Even cheaper to try out 'the big one'.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    I'm heading there this weekend for my wife's parents anniversary im taking her dad to shoot a bunch of different firearms for 10$ a round I'd throw a few down range why not?! Its a gun ill never own but love to say I shot.

CGN frequent flyer stripperclipper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesquik View Post
    I made some math and if they make 7.50$ per round then the gun is paid in 200 round if I get the normal price of 1500$. Is that the life of a desert eagle ?? No let say 1000-2000 bullet before barrel degradation and im gentle ... Let take then 1500 rounds as an average. With a single desert eagle they can make (1500-200)*7.50$ = 9750$... If you think that not absurd you are out of this world
    Its a business, not a charity. Maybe one day UNICEF will get into the gun rental business, but until then the shooting edge are the people to see.
    Also known as "Dewey Cox" on other forums.

BANNED
    The Shooting Edge is open pretty well 12 hours a day, 6 days a week (8 hours on Sunday). They are in a very high traffic (read: expensive) commercial building. They have at least 3-5 staff members present at all times - everyone I've met is top notch in terms of their attitude, professionalism, and customer service. TSE also maintains a VERY large inventory of really cool products, with a lot of stuff having high holding costs and very low profit margins.

All of this doesn't come free - and as a former staff member, I recall the ear to ear grin a lot of new shooters had when shooting a $10 round of 500 S&W. One newbie in particular who I befriended and who went on to be a pretty hardcore IDPA competitor still gabs with me about the time he shot it.

If you ask me, simply giving the opportunity to people who would otherwise never be able to shoot something like a .50 AE Desert Eagle is a VERY positive service to provide.
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 10-27-2013 at 11:10 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stripperclipper View Post
    Its a business, not a charity. Maybe one day UNICEF will get into the gun rental business, but until then the shooting edge are the people to see.
    Hahaha.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast