Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536373949 ... LastLast

Thread: Soviet combo deal with a free ak-74

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    Congrats to those who got the deal,

And for the people that are going to sell stuff off to recoup costs, good idea.

I still would rather have a real functioning rifle though....
    wouldn't we all....wouldn't we all.
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
    I was told by a friend who happens to be a verifier / industry professional that he would expect to pay 500-600 dollars to dewat a rifle like the AK-74. Due to the fact that the new rules require much more work and expertise to do it properly without mangling the appearance.
    that's low, hes outa touch I think. have a look what deac brens and MP40s and such go for. a good Mk1 bren will bring 12-1400 now. first CA I bought was a new unissued inglis dated 42 it came with a bunch of mags and the box, tools ect ect. it was 1200 then
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    I believe Clotho meant "to dewat" a 74, not the value of a dewat 74. $5-600 just for the service of doing dewat modifications

Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    that's low, hes outa touch I think. have a look what deac brens and MP40s and such go for. a good Mk1 bren will bring 12-1400 now. first CA I bought was a new unissued inglis dated 42 it came with a bunch of mags and the box, tools ect ect. it was 1200 then

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    I believe Clotho meant "to dewat" a 74, not the value of a dewat 74. $5-600 just for the service of doing dewat modifications
    That's after you find an ak74 for sale, good luck with that.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    just clarifying what the guy above didnt understand what the guy above him meant.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    That's after you find an ak74 for sale, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    just clarifying what the guy above didnt understand what the guy above him meant.
    Ya I know. I was agreeing with you.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    Haha yes, 500-600 just to do the work. Good luck finding one in the first place. I imagine these will be the only ones in Canada for a very very long time. From what I saw in the pictures there couldn't have been more than 50.

I think they will be hard to come by and therefore expensive. Congrats to those with the foresight to order one.

I also think we are fortunate to have someone with the knowledge, skill and experience to jump through the hoops and fill out the reams of paperwork to bring these to us. Making this happen was probably a challenge.

How did this sell out in a day?

Quote Originally Posted by nick237 View Post
    How did this sell out in a day?
    Demand met supply. And the Internet helped.

I saw it the first day and thought ah maybe but I didn't want a pistol damn should have known ..... Story of my damn life ! I still need a range finder and reloading kit and spotting scope so I guess no loss in reality. That svt looks cool and a ak 74 damn that would have been neat! Poopy! Just uh poopy ! Just like that 399 58 two Christmases ago.... Some deals I tell ya ! Lol