Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920

Thread: To those T97NSR owners with a barrel "gouge"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    This is BS.

Plotting up such despicable crime behind a keyboard. what a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    So hows about I punch some pin holes in the paint job of your brand new car and tell you not to worry, its ok, it drives just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Punch the holes in his cylinder walls. Still drives great for now, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Canada tail; 11-07-2013 at 12:22 AM.

So hows about I punch some pin holes in the paint job of your brand new car and tell you not to worry, its ok, it drives just fine.
    Did you just compare a Norinco to a Brand new car? There is the problem right there, you expect to have cheep price and quality in one package. Now if you said punch holes in a KIA on the inside of the hood in a place you have to take #### apart to notice the hole, that would be a bit more of a close comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by cowcity View Post
    Did you just compare a Norinco to a Brand new car? There is the problem right there, you expect to have cheep price and quality in one package. Now if you said punch holes in a KIA on the inside of the hood in a place you have to take #### apart to notice the hole, that would be a bit more of a close comparison.
    Ha! Ya, so much hyperbole on this thread...

I was just thinking of a Kia analogy myself:

What is a reasonable amount of righteous indignation to have re: paint that has a slight orange-peely finish - new Kia vs. new Mercedes?
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 11-07-2013 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Sp
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Guys this gouge issue doesn't affect safety, accuracy or function it would probably affect durability of the barrel but that still has to be proven just clean and lubricate after every range trip and you should be able to enjoy your rifles for years to come.

I had hoped that NS would replace our barrels but that is not going to happen as it is cost prohibitive and the manufacturer doesn't seem to want to pay for it so get over it, Just clean and lubricate.

مسلم مؤمن

I'm going to temporarily lock this thread until the hysteria cools down a bit.

I personally inspected over a dozen T97 rifles yesterday. Nothing even close to a "gouge" was found. One and a repeat "ONE" of the rifles has the slightest scratch on the rifling underneath the gas port. Nothing to worry about.

I think the word "gouge" has been thrown around way too liberally.

We are working on the solution with the factory to address to the issues of anyone who has a legitimate "gouge" in their barrel. I will reopen the thread once this is finalized.

That being said, I've personally yet to see one, and I don't know anyone personally that has.

Thanks,