Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: To those T97NSR owners with a barrel "gouge"

Better that what I got from the TSE. At least Frontier tried, which is all one can ask for.

CGN frequent flyer
    Perhaps the best thing is to enjoy the rifle, see what happens...keep it cleaned anyway (like you would against corrosion)...and campaign for the manufacture to ship over a case or three of replacement barrels - forgive my ignorance, but is a barrel swap on one of these a particularly difficult job?

I think if "gouged" owners knew that they would be getting a barrel, say, at cost, (like CHINA cost = cheap), sometime down the road if needed, even after the warranty period, it would go a long way.
    Yes, a scratch on a new car sucks the big one, but eventually they all get 'em!

Sorry, it's a crap analogy at best...but I think the key may be in new barrels down the road, but not in a mass recall, not for this one flaw surely. Folks may find that they DON'T get extra corrosion at that spot, who knows? But I think a registration for a replacement barrel, at cost (or less) would be a good idea. Even if they didn't come right away.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    Glad i didnt buy one. That answer is BS.

This is clearly a defect.

Scratched paint on a brand new car does not affect its operation and function. Its a defect nonetheless...

North Silva, you should assume your obligations and stop talking what your subcontractor does or think.
    I am pretty sure most new cars have scratch somewhere...you just have to find it.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    I am pretty sure most new cars have scratch somewhere...you just have to find it.
    Ya hopefully not on one of the bearing surfaces in the motor though....
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff350 View Post
    shame on you NS...... you by pass the competition with your t97.... thats was not ''polite''.. (but was legal)....

But with that..... I will buy more from Marstar and Canada Ammo !
    +1 Don't forget irunguns

I don't care if the rifle is made in china or Timbuktu, a $1050 rifle should be immaculate out of the box or there is a serious issue.

Well, I'm happy that I didn't end up purchasing a T97 from NS or otherwise. Feels like NS has effectively tarnished their reputation, as has Norinco. I certainly won't be recommending either companies anytime soon. (Not that I'd recommend Norc in the first place :D)

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    A small percentage of rifles are affected by this issue,
    A small percentage you say . . . . himmmm

Sorry my feinds everyone I know who purchased this rifle has this so called gouge that is 100%

BTW not everyone has a CGN account or actually reported the problem through CGN

Having said that I agree with the analysis but not the conclusion of not taking any action.

مسلم مؤمن

A most unfortunate and disappointing response from NS. Not standing behind a product you work so hard to import/bring to market says a lot about one's integrity.

My wife recently purchased a new rifle, from a national supplier, which had a minor, insignificant blemish on the stock. She was compensated $50 for a cosmetic "defect" that would have zero long-term affect on the rifle's reliability and functionality.

Some businesses get it, other's don't.

While I'm not surprised at the reaction of some, I'd again like to thank those that contributed to bringing this issue to light by providing input on their rifles.

I had many CGNer's sending us PM's on this issue, some people said there rifle had a gouge, and some people let us know their rifle didn't have one and still provided us with their serial numbers for reference.

One thing I would like to make crystal clear, is warranties are created by the manufacturer of products and not the distributors. We are however the importer and as such are the focal point for scrutiny regarding the products we import. We always strive for the highest level of service to the end consumer.

We have brought further concerns to the manufacturers attention, and are working together to avoid issues in the future, and see if we can still be accommodating to current users.

Another thing I'd like to point out is the "trolling" by some users stating that every rifle is effected. I can assure everyone that this is not the case, and a fairly small percentage of rifles are involved.

We will continue to monitor the situation, and post any updates that we can to those effected by this issue.

Thanks,