Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: To those T97NSR owners with a barrel "gouge"

Quote Originally Posted by SQUAREHEAD1 View Post
    Not even an issue? Take a chrome metal bumper on a car, chip off a spot with a screwdriver and go back in two months and look at that spot, go back in two years look at that spot and see what happens. Corrosion… Like cancer, spreading corrosion. The rust spreads, chip gets larger and the chrome peels off the bumper. Just say'n, it is an issue.
    This is exactly what I thought of as well.

Some guys are reporting the gouges showing up only after firing rounds through the barrel. Is this from the initial damaged chrome flaking off or from a small spot that wasn't visible before getting bigger because the chrome is now flaking off from wear.

Only 5 rounds through it before i found out about it..and a picture, just cause i got one..

Not even an issue? Take a chrome metal bumper on a car, chip off a spot with a screwdriver and go back in two months and look at that spot, go back in two years look at that spot and see what happens. Corrosion… Like cancer, spreading corrosion. The rust spreads, chip gets larger and the chrome peels off the bumper. Just say'n, it is an issue.
    Do we know when they electroplate the barrel, i.e. before or after drilling?

Your scenario would apply if they electroplate before drilling the hole...

Quote Originally Posted by theSHARK View Post
    This is exactly what I thought of as well.

Some guys are reporting the gouges showing up only after firing rounds through the barrel. Is this from the initial damaged chrome flaking off or from a small spot that wasn't visible before getting bigger because the chrome is now flaking off from wear.
    Or that gouge started become visible after shooting, due to powder residue, etc...

Can we stay on topic and keep the politics out of this thread, this is a thread about a gouge in the T97's barrel. It was a shame that the last thread on the gouge got locked.

CGN Regular
    yeah that was my thread that got locked.. cuz some anti china a - hole who didn't even own a t97 rubbing it in about how bad t97s are and made no contributions to the discussion, i guess he got the best of me and boom thread lock

let's not stir the nest again and keep on track

I got my rifle replaced by the dealer, who sent me a brand new rifle and the new one has the "gouge" too but I've come to live with it and I commend the dealer for trying so hard
    I now believe that every rifle has this gouge, and those that claim they don't have it may just not be seeing it

if you look down the gas port cleaning hole from the top, and then shine a flashlight through the muzzle end, you will see the black shadow from the pit there

That's hardly an apt comparison.

I checked mine after about 160 rounds. I've put another 80 thru it since. I'll check again when I do another thorough cleaning, but I'm really not concerned as long as it shoots well...as it does now. I can't see it ever rusting given that I clean and oil it regularly.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Please PM me the serial number for your rifle.

We are in the process of narrowing down how many rifles came with the gouge and a solution.

Thanks,
    Just checked mine with bore scope, absolutely clear. PM with serial number on the way...

My Dad's has the same tool mark, but the rifle was bought with the understanding it may have this mark. PM has been sent.

I'm not going to worry too much about it, good luck to NS finding a solution and will wait to heard final determination..