Thread: Merkel Helix: Very Slick Bolt Action

Merkel Helix: Very Slick Bolt Action

Merkel Helix Wild Boar 9.3x62 Standard with Sights

$3355.00

For more info click here

The magic words as regards the dismantling of a hunting gun without tools are ‘take down’. With the Bolt Barrel system, MERKEL has perfected the classic take down and implemented it in series production in this class for the first time. This gun can be dismantled almost down to briefcase size in three steps. Even less experienced users will be able to do this within a few seconds, quickly reducing the RX.Helix to a convenient size for transporting.

"This gun can be dismantled almost down to briefcase size in three steps."

Ooh, this one is just calling for more pictures.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulf View Post
    "This gun can be dismantled almost down to briefcase size in three steps."

Ooh, this one is just calling for more pictures.
    He's right you know.
    If your only political involvement is voting, you don't actually care. Move aside and let the people be heard.

Get involved in your community!

Here is a review that also shows the takedown procedure.

CGN Regular
    These are with out a doubt the best long guns made today.

How are you guys taking in person transactions? A show of the pal and a handful of cash, which is all that is legally required, then im on my way? Or are you guys taking down all the info, calling the cfo to verify then storing all the info away?

Can you get the rest of the Merkel line?
    Last edited by Mutter87; 10-29-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
    These are with out a doubt the best long guns made today.

How are you guys taking in person transactions? A show of the pal and a handful of cash, which is all that is legally required, then im on my way? Or are you guys taking down all the info, calling the cfo to verify then storing all the info away?

Can you get the rest of the Merkel line?
    Firstly, yes we can supply anything that Merkel manufacture.

Secondly as far as sales records go, I have covered this extensively in previous posts. We don't believe in making work for ourselves by keeping extra records but we run a very large business and apart from been accountable to RCMP/CFC for firearms we have on occasions been audited by CBSA (as can anyone who imports goods), Controlled Goods Dept., PST and GST. We have to keep suitable business records to satisfy these Government Dept. We offer a product return policy and full warranty, these services can not operate with out some records, when a manufacture offers a product upgrade or product recall we feel we have a responsibility to act. If a customer wishes to pay cash and opt out of all after sales support we will when ever possible try and accommodate them. All records are strictly confidential and not used for any other purposes. No CC info is kept at all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Hum... You got me thinking with that video... Awsome... JP.

JP I just went in and fondled one of these today. They shoulder amazing and the sights are fiber optic. Its like it instinctively goes up to your shoulder and automatically you are on target...plus the rail is right there to mount optics.

I believe the plain jane synthetic was around 2100, the wood grain was just shy of 2600 then the engraved was price above.

I had a look thru the book and you can get a large variety of engravings not just the boar.

I have my eye on a white tail fashioned one, I almost caved but I heard the missus in the back of my mind.

Oh and I should mention that the straight pull bolt was butter smooth and I think it took him 20 seconds ish to pull the fore end off and remove the barrel and it would require the same amount of time to replace.

Another thing that was cool is that the bolt face??? stays with the barrel. So each caliber is complete with the barrel and I think there is only maybe two different sizes of magazines which would house all the calibers you can get. Which there was like 15.

Anyways, I went in there for pmag 308 mags and I almost left with a Merkel. If I didn't have other priorities I would have. Perhaps I will sell something to pick one up.

Enough rambling.

JP you should get one, I would/will/am at some point.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

CGN Regular
    I think the review might go better if the shooter took his lens caps off