Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forbes Rifles Have Arrived!!

Quote Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
    And not the same thing at all. The Sako is a fluted with a trilug bolt, and magazine system in stainless. Its purpose is a lighter alternative to Sako's other offerings and they are very accurate.
    This is an ADL rig that is not fluted, has two lugs and is CM steel. In a very nice hand laid stock I might add all for the purpose of bering uber ultra light and accurate.
    Two different horses entirely, so I am trying to see your point?
    You forgot to mention that the Forbes weighs 5lbs 4oz vs 6lbs 6oz for the Sako. You mentioned the fantastic stock on the Forbes, but forgot to point out the Sako has a tupperware stock (unless things have changed recently). Also, to me fluting is a negative. The Forbes has a full 24" non-fluted barrel with fair diameter vs. the 22 7/16" barrel of the Sako.

I have not seen a review of the Forbes where accuracy was poor.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Just opened one package. They look great. Can't hardly believe the weight. Pics to follow ASAP. 4 in stock.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kayaker1 View Post
    I would think that caling them 'entirely different' is a bit of an exageration. Someone in the market for a lightweight hunting rig could lump these into their choices along with the Finnlight, Montana, 700MTN etc for an off the shelf and not too expensive 'mountain rifle'.

The biggest difference of course being the Sako has the DBM. Flutes vs no flutes is a moot point and contributes nothing to being 'entirely different'. The three lug bolt vs 2 also has little to no bearing on it intended purpose as a lightweight hunting rig.

The one of these compared to say a drilling is 'entirely diferent' but other than some aesthetic differences I fail to see how the Finnlight and the Forbes are not 2 bolt guns within the same class of rifle category.
    It's only real competitor in production rifles is the Kimber Montana and I'm pretty sure that's the market it's aimed at. The 700 MTN and Sako Finnlight both weigh 1 pound more so hardly a comparison once you get down to the flyweights these guns are trying to achieve. Getting a bolt gun to 6.5 lbs these days is relatively easy. 5 1/2 lbs or less is another story, especially while maintaining full length barrels.

The M20b at 4 3/4 lbs. sounds interesting, stainless of course. Any plans to get those Clay? :D

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    yes, s/s on order. we will have as soon as they send!
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

I've been checking them out for awhile. I didn't realize you were getting some in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Looking forward for the pictures, i like nice accurate rifles... Even in 30-06... JP.
    Carefull now, If you bought one in 30-06 you might sell your 308's.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Carefull now, If you bought one in 30-06 you might sell your 308's.
    I dont sell 308, it is againt the Lord will (maybe one or two went to a good house) but now those Forbes sound pretty cool, did a little reading and my addiction is missing me... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Will we have some pictures up Clay, this is exciting... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    I dont sell 308, it is againt the Lord will (maybe one or two went to a good house) but now those Forbes sound pretty cool, did a little reading and my addiction is missing me... JP.
    LOL, will you know the saying "The Lord works in mysterious ways" might be his way of showing you the light.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Can hardly wait for the LHs! Thinking I'll try and hold out for the ChroMo auctioned / SS barrelled ones. Definitely a 708 in my future.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast