Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forbes Rifles Have Arrived!!

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar

Forbes Rifles Have Arrived!!

Our first rifles, as Forbes dealers, have arrived at the shop. All blued 30/06 RH. 1699. Pics to come!
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN frequent flyer
    Less expensive than a Finnlight....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rem338win's Avatar
    And not the same thing at all. The Sako is a fluted with a trilug bolt, and magazine system in stainless. Its purpose is a lighter alternative to Sako's other offerings and they are very accurate.
    This is an ADL rig that is not fluted, has two lugs and is CM steel. In a very nice hand laid stock I might add all for the purpose of bering uber ultra light and accurate.
    Two different horses entirely, so I am trying to see your point?

BTW thanks for the news Clay that is very exciting. Let me know when the SS magnum bolt models make it here in 2016 and I am in! I have too many \06 bases LWs in the safe right now...
    Junkies have tracks and that's icky. :

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
    And not the same thing at all. The Sako is a fluted with a trilug bolt, and magazine system in stainless. Its purpose is a lighter alternative to Sako's other offerings and they are very accurate.
    This is an ADL rig that is not fluted, has two lugs and is CM steel. In a very nice hand laid stock I might add all for the purpose of bering uber ultra light and accurate.
    Two different horses entirely, so I am trying to see your point?

BTW thanks for the news Clay that is very exciting. Let me know when the SS magnum bolt models make it here in 2016 and I am in! I have too many \06 bases LWs in the safe right now...
    X2 well said.

Would be nice if I could get their craptastic web catalogue to load. 100 mbps connection and nothin'. downeastdigitalcinema - awesome job, boys.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by looch View Post
    Would be nice if I could get their craptastic web catalogue to load. 100 mbps connection and nothin'. downeastdigitalcinema - awesome job, boys.
    You're not missing much.

Anyone know what the barrel length is on the 24b? I couldn't find it on the website.

CGN frequent flyer
    I would think that caling them 'entirely different' is a bit of an exageration. Someone in the market for a lightweight hunting rig could lump these into their choices along with the Finnlight, Montana, 700MTN etc for an off the shelf and not too expensive 'mountain rifle'.

The biggest difference of course being the Sako has the DBM. Flutes vs no flutes is a moot point and contributes nothing to being 'entirely different'. The three lug bolt vs 2 also has little to no bearing on it intended purpose as a lightweight hunting rig.

The one of these compared to say a drilling is 'entirely diferent' but other than some aesthetic differences I fail to see how the Finnlight and the Forbes are not 2 bolt guns within the same class of rifle category.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    Our first rifles, as Forbes dealers, have arrived at the shop. All blued 30/06 RH. 1699. Pics to come!
    Congrats Clay! I'm personally greatful that you think well of hunters to bring in fine quality firearms.
    Speed is Fine, Accuracy is Final!
    More times than not, a "true trophy hunter" will end the season with the tag in his pocket.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Looking forward for the pictures, i like nice accurate rifles... Even in 30-06... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Looking forward for the pictures, i like nice accurate rifles... Even in 30-06... JP.
    I am of the same mind! I look forward to seeing what these look like. Wish for more chamberings, but anticipate the pictures none-the-less!
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast