Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CSA VZ 58 NR with chrome lined barrel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Yup. Need another. Plain jane wood. I'll dress her for the ball myself. short barrel res too pls.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Hi Guys.
    I am not following all this probability for reclassification of CZ-858-2.... does it have anything to do with CSA vz-58.
    Thanks.
    Roman

No, csa vz58 are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Airtech77 View Post
    Just get your barrel crome plated. It's not really that much money for a single piece and there is probably several crome plating shops in every single town (yes, besides the really small rural towns you pedantic willys).
    Not the case sadly. When barrels that are to be chromed are manufactured, they are actually slightly oversized by design to compensate for the thickness of the chromium plating. The chrome plating tightens the bore to spec. I would suggest nitrating as it does not materially change the bore dimension.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yah, but good luck finding someone who does "nitrating". They have to really know what they are doing so that they don't screw up the heat treatment of your receiver, etc. There is virtually no one around who does this.

Quote Originally Posted by saskcop View Post
    Yah, but good luck finding someone who does "nitrating". They have to really know what they are doing so that they don't screw up the heat treatment of your receiver, etc. There is virtually no one around who does this.
    There is a place in Edmonton that does submersion nitrating. Contact Alberta Tactical Rifle... I am pretty sure they do all their barrels with these guys in Edmonton. They have done several of my AR barrels and a 300 WSM barrel.

Phew.... thanks for responding, man.
    Roman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    What is the outlook for future shipments? Are they all going to have the M4 style butt stock?

Personally I am looking for one in the standard style furniture, either black synthetic or "beaver barf"
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyach View Post
    Hi,
    Do you plan to bring more CSA VZ 58 with chrome lined barrel? Any ETA? Thx.
    Kelly's Sporting Goods sell's them with chrome line barrels!!! Just bought 2 they were only in stock for a few days. They are a 1000 bucks for the chrome line ones. Hope this helps.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dstj636 View Post
    Kelly's Sporting Goods sell's them with chrome line barrels!!! Just bought 2 they were only in stock for a few days. They are a 1000 bucks for the chrome line ones. Hope this helps.
    Son of the beech!
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast