Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any demand for an ALL Canadian made bolt action precision rifle?

in..!

I'll buy another one off you guys I like my custom gunna upgrade the vortex glass soon

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I would rather see NR short 12 "or 14 " barrel rifle with a nice lightweight stock in 7.62x39 ,300 blackout ,223 extra extra
    There are lots of good precision rifle already on the market but not much for NR-SBR
    Right now just mares leg and sum 22 and shotguns
    Make a bear rifle with a 12" barrel I would buy one
    How do you expect a rifle less than 18.5" to be NR? If your talking about bolt action I dont think many would recommend that for a bear gun.

And yes, $5500 is extremely pricey. Buying Canadian is cool, but price is a big factor.

Get what ya pay for though in most cases even if that means it feels better to slide the bolt home ..... Lol smooth oh yea!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeOnePack View Post
    How do you expect a rifle less than 18.5" to be NR? If your talking about bolt action I dont think many would recommend that for a bear gun.

And yes, $5500 is extremely pricey. Buying Canadian is cool, but price is a big factor.
    I have 3 Mares legs with 12" barrels two 22 with 12" barrels and shotgun with 14" barrel all NR
    I love packing a small rifle in the bush the more I use a short rifle the more I appreciate them.
    For a short NR rifle that I can pack in between the handle bars on my Rokon I would pay $5500 for it if in the right caliber 450 marlin or sum thing interesting like that

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Still want it and will happily pay for it. Want a deposit?

ATRS from what i gather is not interested in a production gun, and are talking about full custom. Where in the world can you get a custom ATRS grade rifle for under 5000?

Quality/Performance/Price permitting, I'm interested in results, Canadian made seals the deal.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    If I wear ATRS advertising, can I have a free one? Sad to admit, but life is more expensive than previously anticipated, and a rifle of that caliber is looking like it would be feasible after another 20+ years of working and scraping together pennies. I have a feeling that "I might be able to buy one in a few decades." is not really the response you're looking for.

That said, I am thoroughly enthused by the idea of an all Canadian rifle, but wishes don't pay the bills. I think it might be worth exploring what corners could be cut to produce an "entry level" rifle, and perhaps use that to bankroll the more premium content. I dunno, I'm no expert.

Now, if you could somehow develop a production line of new-made rifles of a variety inspired by the older military boltguns but updated with modern innovations, I think that would see exponentially more interest. Essentially a Lee-Enfield for the modern age. Except I suppose we'd have to think of a new name for it.

I'm not sure how much call-in business you guys get, but something along the lines of some more examples of what your components are compatible with and how they can be used would be really helpful for guys like me who know pretty much nothing, but don't want to sound like an idiot if we call you and ask something stupid like if we can just buy one of your one-piece bolts and slap it into our discount SPS Tactical, or if we could buy a custom barrel to put on that same cheap rifle, and then ten years down the road get a custom action from you and transfer the barrel to that. I'm honestly not sure, for all I know it's a cascading effect of components that are only compatible with each other, especially since your website says that you don't sell your Infidel or Maverick actions as components. Though, I'm pretty far from the market you're intending these for.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Good luck with your endeavor. Although I'm not into the tactical rifle game I do support the fact of an all Canadian built rifle. I try to deal locally as much as possible because dealing across the border is a pain. Rick, if one day you make a bench rest action along the lines of a Bat 3 lug or Stolle Panda, I'll consider giving you my business. The action and trigger of my next build will be the only non Canadian parts.