Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Is there any demand for an ALL Canadian made bolt action precision rifle?

CGN Regular
    I see this posting often so I must ask Rick from ATRS. Is is possible to make a receiver mated to the chassis similar to AI AW rifles?

On a side note, I do believe an all canadian rifle would be great but maybe a suggestion for a production style rifle around $3500-4000 and hit the price point of $5000 with those added extras. I am not trying to flame or belittle the services of ATRS when I suggest a production rifle. I have seen 3 examples of ATRS custom builds and they are worth the cash.

CGN Regular
    I would be interested in one as a long term investment. Looking at a possible option for replacing my Tikka T3 and want to look into a high end dual purpose rifle platform.

I wouldn't be able to drop $5500 on a system today, but I would be interested in saving up for one. Though I am eagerly waiting to hear if your semi auto 308 will be classified NR.

If one could take a 10 round mag in .308, you'd have my attention.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Matt_dal123's Avatar
    Spiral fluted

You have me. But I know how much ATR hate spiral fluted actions an barrels.
    Homer: I'd like to buy your deadliest gun, please.

Gun Shop Owner: Aisle six, next to the sympathy cards.

As long as there is good service, the ability to LISTEN to the client and have good communication, i am definitely interested in an All Canadian Bolt Action Precision rifle.
    Yep, it's like that.....

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sendero View Post
    did i read BLUEPRINTING and ACCURIZING JOB on a surgeon action ??? you just pay 500$ more then you should have Buddy :-)
    i have one and they have installed the Kreiger barrel on it AS IS and it's a awesome shooter. That being said, i will also sell it ON THE SPOT (if i need to) to buy one 100% canadian made by ATR

Keep the good work ATR
    A lot of custom actions require blueprinting and accurizing. In fact, it's usually just better off (cheaper) to get a remington 700 action accurized and blueprinted then dealing with a custom action.

I'm really interested to see the final build, sounds interesting! $5500 isn't out of line at all for a custom gun. Yes, they are a bit cheaper in the U.S. (with the exception of Surgeon and some others), but with all the extra costs of doing business in Canada as Rick outlines, $5500 isn't bad at all. I have a U.S. made custom "tactical/precision" .308 being made that is north of $5500.
    Last edited by kthomas; 04-29-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_dal123 View Post
    Spiral fluted

You have me. But I know how much ATR hate spiral fluted actions an barrels.
    No problem, you just do the math for the gear ratios on the dividing head, and I'll mill one up for you It can be done, but what a headache!
    I'd be happy with a straight up bull barrel. Who cares about weight on a bench rifle for non-competitive shooters???
    Sure flute it for more stiffness that doesn't throw you over weight restrictions for competition, but Jeeeeeez!

Build us a 1/4moa Maple Leaf Long Gun and we'll buy! (as long as I can get it in 300WM)
    "In a free society, we shouldn't need permission to do whatever we want."

How about a design that would work with the MDT chassis' like the TAC-21 or LSS?

BANNED
    I am going to re-animate this thread to say I would really like to see a relatively affordable (preferably sub 3k) bullpup bolt action rifle made in Canada.

You had my attention at bullpup