Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Is there any demand for an ALL Canadian made bolt action precision rifle?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sendero View Post
    That make me laugh, some are OK to pay BIG $$$ for euro rifle like Accuracy INTL and so or ANY BiG NaMe US made rifle but, when someone want to have even or higher quality build in canada, they pee on it PFFFFFFFFF..........................The VERY first day we CAN'T import thoses HIGH END across the border, everybody will cry to have them produced HERE and then, i hope they will PEE on customers like some did on them !!!
    Keep up the AWESOME work ATRS.... Some day, CGNers will realise we need more buisness like your !!!
    I would favor other like AI/sako in the 4k-5k range because they have a track record and offer something atrs is not offering.
    I wont pay 5 k for a simple clone of a remington action even if it is made in adamantium
    I will pay 5k for a Canadian rifle with proprietary chassis , a 60 degree action with fast switch barrel capability.

But until then AI/Sako trg are still better for the money. It not even debatable.

From what i read, you seem to have NONE of thoses rifle and probably only read/hear about it !!! please, tell me what AI/Sako offer that ATRS don't offer ?? how can you say that AI/Sako shoot better then ATRS if you NEVER press the trigger on one of thoses ?? Don't get me wrong, i don't say Ai and Sako are NOT good rifle, i find CHEAP SHOT and DISRESPECTFUL to say AI/Sako trg are still better for the money. It not even debatable You just prove you talk through your hat Buddy, i dare you to find ONLY 1 bad comment on ATRS work, only one...... in the mean time, keep dreaming :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin9934 View Post
    I would favor other like AI/sako in the 4k-5k range because they have a track record and offer something atrs is not offering.
    I wont pay 5 k for a simple clone of a remington action even if it is made in adamantium
    I will pay 5k for a Canadian rifle with proprietary chassis , a 60 degree action with fast switch barrel capability.

But until then AI/Sako trg are still better for the money. It not even debatable.

CGN Regular
    I got Rick to rebarrel a 700P with a heavy barrel 7mm stw. Let me tell you that thing would shoot . It would be mere luck if any factory offering would touch a good rebarreling job. What I like about custom barrels is they will usually shoot just about any load under moa and well tuned ones 1/2 moa or better.
    To get a factory gun to shoot it is usually only one or 2 loads that will come in under an inch. It is rare to get any factory offering to do 1/2 moa .

I'd be game for something in that nature, I want to support our local guys as much as possible. Keep us posted.

Still looking for a Remington MSR/XM2010 style rifle.... ATRS "could" make a clone of it and it'd be hotter than pancakes....it'll sell like nothing you've ever sold either.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

CGN Regular
    yes we should support our local manufacturing to bad Ontario is out in the cold unless you go 100% custom heres a breakdown of cost estimate for custom f class build In my area
    .260 rem action,Barnard P 1400.00$ true-flight barrel 600.00 can. comp. triger ,150.00 bottom metal 120.00, Ferrell 20 moa base 120.00 choeat tac stock 500.00 . So a Canadian made version @ 5000.00 would probable exceed these specs and be a good investment one all tricked out and in a hard case delivered for 5000.00 + tax sounds very doable I will start saving now.
    every marine a rifleman
    every marine a marksman

I have 2 ATRS 300 WM's - great rifles. One weighs north of 15 pounds with heavy rock creek (rival anything PGW makes) and the other is sub 7 or 8 pounds with a Proof carbon (25") barrel....
    The main problem I think for ATRS is that I DID get these custom made by them for about the same price we're talking about for "non custom" but rather ATRS house brand model....
    I'm not sure what the Question is you are asking us Rick... We all want the best parts and so far that is what you are selling (and to date it HAS been a mix of US and Canada origin)... If the CDN product item is the best - then yes - I'll take it.

Great Canadian Companies - the now Colt Canada (mentioned already), how about Cadex Defense (co-designed the XM2010 with Remington) (I have a brand new Field Tactical chassis coming for my rem short actions...), PGW, etc... Others. These are the best of their product type AND Canadian. I'm not sure it will ever make sense to make a 300 dollar "CDN" box magazine that is only equal to an AI 80 dollar rifle mag...

As far as the price - it might cost 5000 to start and cost 3000 once you're rolling... But it's business - you'll probably need to sell it for maybe 3800 to 4200 and if you build it - believe that they will come... Just make it cool enough to stand up to SAY DTA factor or MAYBE even make a deal with CADEx for those that want something Tacticool... I think it goes without saying that perhaps the guy whose happy with his Tikka deer killer won't possibly know that CADEX defense even exists....

Quote Originally Posted by EDX2308 View Post
    Still looking for a Remington MSR/XM2010 style rifle.... ATRS "could" make a clone of it and it'd be hotter than pancakes....it'll sell like nothing you've ever sold either.
    CADEx Defense - you can already get the Chassis.... They designed it with Remington and then when Rem got the military contract they bought out their share in the program..........,

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    I think a bullpup bolt action would be a huge success.
    I've been searching the forums for any knowledge or existence of one. All I can find is the DTA-SRS. A bit heavy at 10 1/2 pounds with all the rails. Would be nice to see a lighter option. If the Keltec RFB can be 8 pounds with the semi-auto parts, a bolt may go lighter hopefully. A 308 Win 18.6" Bolt action bullpup with a decent trigger, a single top rail option to mount optics, weighing in around 7 pounds would be outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
    I've been searching the forums for any knowledge or existence of one. All I can find is the DTA-SRS. A bit heavy at 10 1/2 pounds with all the rails. Would be nice to see a lighter option. If the Keltec RFB can be 8 pounds with the semi-auto parts, a bolt may go lighter hopefully. A 308 Win 18.6" Bolt action bullpup with a decent trigger, a single top rail option to mount optics, weighing in around 7 pounds would be outstanding.
    You can get a DTA Covert Upgrade Kit or just cut the SRS forearm but you would only save .45 lbs because with the barrel removed the chassis feels like a featherweight. With the barrel in the balance point is just in front of the trigger guard which combined with its short length makes it feel lighter than any other 10+ lb gun I have handled. I don't think you would see a lighter 26-inch barrel option that shoots as well as heavier guns and I personal don't like shooting lightweight magnums. Now if you're talking .223 or 22-250 that's different but I wouldn't use those calibers for a 5k precision rifle. The reality is "10 1/2 pounds" for a long range rig is about as anorexic as ya get without trading off accuracy and recoil.