Thread: ATRS Scope Base

ATRS Scope Base

I'm looking for a 20 MOA scope base for my SA Remington 700. I was wondering if your product features an integral recoil lug?
    Rosco
    Proud Member of the CSSA and NFA

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco19 View Post
    I'm looking for a 20 MOA scope base for my SA Remington 700. I was wondering if your product features an integral recoil lug?
    We did not put a recoil lug on our rails for the simple reason that there is no benefit providing the rail is A) made of structural material like stainless or tool steel rather than mild steel, and B) machined to tight tolerances that ensure the screws prevent the rail from moving for or aft and that the rail actually has the same contours as the action.
    The shoulders of the screws we supply are very close tolerance to the counter bore we machine into the rail, that coupled with our rails are a precise contour to the action makes the clamping force more than sufficient to keep the rail in place with zero for or aft movement.
    If 1 really wants to ensure rock solid mount a skim of bedding compound will do that and much more effectively than a recoil lug on a rail that has a slim chance of actually touching the action. The only way a rail could be more secure would be to tig weld it to the action, which is totally over the top. With Remington actions being all over the map dimensionally the only way that a lug would help is to custom fit each rail to an individual action.
    Most of the rails that I have seen that employ a recoil lug have either large clearance around the screw shanks or oval mounting screw holes. The “recoil lug” is 100% a marketing gimmick that is solving a problem that just does not exist, especially on a very mild recoiling rifle. I can not think of a caliber that could be built on a short action that would have enough recoil to even warrant bonding the rail to the action, let alone a recoil lug. My question to the makers of rails with lug is why only on the front? For it to really solve the problems they allege there should be 1 front and 1 rear.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

ATRS Scope Base

Rick,

Thanks for the in depth explanation. You've debunked another myth for me. Order will be forthcoming.

Russell
    Rosco

CGN Regular
    ATRS rails, love em. I have three of them. Great quality product.

ATRS Scope Base

I mounted the rail to my 700 the other night. No bedding was required as it was a perfect fit. Needless to say I was very pleased. Top notch product.
    Rosco

First time at ATRS to get a rail and rings for my 700.
    Very pleased with EVERYTHING.
    I will definitively go back for more parts and service.
    Thanks a lot.

Louis

Quote Originally Posted by LSB View Post
    First time at ATRS to get a rail and rings for my 700.
    Very pleased with EVERYTHING.
    I will definitively go back for more parts and service.
    Thanks a lot.

Louis
    Just to bring this to the forefront again, "Yes, the ATRS rail and rings are fantastic." I REALLY like the single screw scope rings. No fiddling around. They fit perfectly and it is as simple as the instructions say. I now have two ATRS rail and ring sets mounted. If I need another set I know what I am going to be getting.