Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T97 issues

No "blaming" anyone, I have had several new guns for big American manufacturers that had some pretty serious q/c issues as well.
    I don't care if it came from the moon, this is a customer service issue between the consumer and who sold/supplied the gun.
    If you are supplying a defective product, especially from the moon (as it might as well be in this case, how am I going to contact Norinco?), then its YOUR responsibility to look after the customer should there be problems.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    No "blaming" anyone, I have had several new guns for big American manufacturers that had some pretty serious q/c issues as well.
    I don't care if it came from the moon, this is a customer service issue between the consumer and who sold/supplied the gun.
    If you are supplying a defective product, especially from the moon (as it might as well be in this case, how am I going to contact Norinco?), then its YOUR responsibility to look after the customer should there be problems.
    Well said.

As to the made in the PRC thing, only one nation would allow contaminated baby formula... Intentionally contaminated to increase profits, I might add.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    So now u wanna skip this bullpup rifle and go after some baby formula ?
    Why don't u bring ur baby formula speech to NS or Norc and see how they respond

Hello Fellow Gun Nutz,

Just so everyone knows, we were made aware of this issue through customer inquiry and are working with North Sylva for a solution.

North Sylva has reached out to the owners directly to the owner base of the rifle to see how many rifles rifles have been affected. We are waiting for their lead to see how we will proceed in addressing customer issues.

For the mean time, please get in contact with NS so they can assess how many rifles need to be addressed.

We will keep our customers updated in the forum and when we have an answer we will share that with our customers.

I should clarify that we do have a gunsmith that can do warranty work, BUT we also will deal directly with suppliers for warranty issues as well.

If any customers have further questions, please email us at websales@theshootingedge.com and we can address your issue directly.

Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    Called the TSE twice and neither individual I spoke with knew about the issue and their attitudes were not super helpful. One suggested I bring it in and have their smith look at it - ok fair, but then where do we go from there? The other said that there were "no returns ever" on firearms, however if I wished to escalate here is who to talk to. I just don't want to be taking a $500 bath on this when the new un-gouged ones come out. TSE did say that all their new guns are covered by a one year in house warranty, which is great, but what are you going to do with a used, gouged gun that you can't fix? I say take 'em all back and use them as parts for the 7.62 version. Might still be able to call this off on my credit card if it doesn't get take care of.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    So now u wanna skip this bullpup rifle and go after some baby formula ?
    Why don't u bring ur baby formula speech to NS or Norc and see how they respond
    The baby formula speaks to china's quality controls and general additude. This is why people look at china the way I do... I'm sorry for speaking ill of your mother land.

North silva has nothing to do with this. They are getting ripped off just like the rest.

As for norinco, they probably do/did export baby formula and don't care if contains melamine.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_...e_milk_scandal

On a side note, my israeli gun, often compared to the t97 has no gouges. They must have gotten lucky.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Plz also go to NS 's forum for official response. No one is interested in listening to biased speculations around baby formula produced overseas. I love my t97 just as you do with ur tar21 And don't get me started with all the bits around Gaza Strip chaos

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    Plz also go to NS 's forum for official response. No one is interested in listening to biased speculations around baby formula produced overseas. I love my t97 just as you do with ur tar21 And don't get me started with Gaza Strip.
    I saw north silva's solution... That sucks.

You're not interested and it's not biased or speculation. Just simple facts.

I'm willing to read your opinion on gaza or anything else.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    no kidding concidering 90 plus percent of the crap we own is made there
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Okay, I think this thread is going downhill fast:

We have spoken to North Sylva and as far as we have been told, this "gouge" does not effect performance or accuracy. If there is an issue with reliability or performance we are happy to act as your ombudsman to get it sorted. However as far as I understand, this matter is not considered a warranty issue at this time.

Please speak with North Sylva directly if you disagree or have any other concerns.

Sincerely,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12