Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1222242526272829303132333435363738394042 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

Hey there Apes , the pc club was the first one I joined , if I was still on the mainland , I would meet up , but on the Island now ! my post says newbie ,but I've been shooting for years !

Any mentors in the Okanagan?
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." -- Townsend Whelen

Hi,
    New guy here... somewhat new to guns... I have shot both rifles and handguns a few time in Vegas, also ex Father-in-Law was big into all things military so shot WW2 rifles with some tracer ammo (Real Fun) He also taught me basic gun safety, but that was more than 15 years ago. Anyway I had been told I was a pretty good shot and recently developed an interest in going to the range to see how I would do, However DVC Adventures in PoCo will not allow a single to rent a handgun and use the range... Presumably this is a liability issue and as a result I need to find someone who is interested in going as a pair... I have good eyes and ears and will gladly pay for my ammo if anyone is up for showing me the ropes so to speak.

In addition to handguns at the range I am also interested in shooting rifles out in the open, but have no idea where to do this or what's involved... anyone interested in taking a newbie out for an afternoon of plinking?

Hello everyone,

I have had my non-restricted/restricted PAL for a while, and have been shooting long guns the whole time.

That being said, I eventually want to get a revolver for plinking at the range. I have a few firearms in mind, but am leaning toward something large with at least a 6" barrel. The extent of my handgun experience was with a 9mm Sig at work. With the 9mm, I was able to hit the target consistently at 25 and 50 yards without any issues. I have never fired 357 Magnum, 45 Colt, or 44 Magnum.

Are there any Victoria Fish and Game Protective Association members here that would be willing to meetup with me at the range and let me try a revolver? I will provide the ammunition

Cheers!

James

Going to shoot my few rifles tomorrow ( July 18) in Chilliwack area with friend, if someone want to come with us always welcome. Leaving from Richmond, BC aprox @ 12 PM.
    If someone know some good places with good backing to shoot will be awesome.

Loking for people with a restricted license who wanted to do some drills with handgun and ar's in the salmon arm /Vernon area.

Thanks Greg

Hi folks. I am looking for some info on the closest area to Kamloops that does IDPA shooting.
    Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Gooday Folks,

Looking for shooters in the mid Vancouver Island area, Comox Valleyish. Mainly looking for spots to shoot skeet, prices at the local gun club are steep. Have a thrower and shotguns, just looking for a new spot be it crown land or a friendly landowner that doesn't mind some military dudes coming to blast some clays out of the sky. Any info you have is great.

Cheers.

Hello,
    New to the site.
    Anybody in Prince George? I'm joining pg rod and gun.