Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Splatter's Avatar
    They aren't going to ask when you apply for the PAL, if you get asked it'll be when you buy a restricted.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. "

Noam Chomsky

If there is any one in Ucluelet or toffino id be happy to take you shooting. hehe, as long as you have a vehicle, i dont have one yet.
    I shoot rifles, pistols, and shotgun, and i handload.
    send me a PM if your interested.

Joe
    Westicle says:
    s**t happens, don;t put your fingers or toes where you wouldn;t put your penis
    The 9mm/.45 debate, .223/.308 debate will go on forever. No one ever bad mouths 12ga

Tootall what range can you recommend since your in the same neighbor as me, I've scratching head alot trying to pick a club to join. I stopped by Langley rod and gun club, but the guy in there didn't look like he was to happy to see me. Plus there facility only fixes the handgun portion of my obsession. Anyone no if abbotsford is nice?

Chris
    Come on Don't Let Fear and Common Sense Hold You Back!!

I'm in the same position you are and i am looking at Ridgedale Rod and Gun Club.
    They seem to have a lot to offer and a reasonable membership fee. I may go check it out this weekend.
    http://www.ridgedale.net/
    Andre

Chrislau,
    Langley R&G is big into shotgun, and does pistol up to 9mm indoors (no handcannons), also .22rimfire indoors.

No CF rifle though.

I think I'm going to check out Abby, they seem to do everything I'm interested in.
    Come on Don't Let Fear and Common Sense Hold You Back!!

thank you tootall!

thank you for offering us newbies a chance to learn more about this sport.
    i completed my course today and passed my non-restricted and restricted tests. i hope to have my licence in 4 to 6 weeks, since i'm paying by credit card. give them what they want ...right.
    anyway, i'm looking into what to buy, should i avoid used and just buy new guns. i mean, the prices on the gun exchange are'nt much cheaper than new and most are claiming their gun has never or hardly been fired.....ya right. who buys a gun and never fires it?
    any advice is welcome, thx.

mike.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Splatter's Avatar
    Actually, Mikey, some of the regulars here do buy guns and not shoot them. For your first few deals, look for folks with high trader ratings and personal recommendations.
    Hungry, Girls Guns & Fast Bikes, Dizzy Dan, Sandyamac, Doug, Mysticplayer, Badboybeeson, SuperCub, PerversPépère, Willwagspal, ClayBuster to mention just some of the few that I've had some experience with, will never steer you wrong. If one of these guys says it's a new gun, I'd bet it's in as good a condition as I'd find at my local shop.
    The Exchange forums offer some great deals from time-to-time. I don't know what you're going to be looking for; but as an example, I got my Wather OSP for $350+ 1/2 the shipping, there was a FAS 602 for $375 that took weeks to sell (fair value would have been closer to 500, I would have snapped it up if I could have found the money).
    Right now Hitzy has a really nice Mossberg 340KA for 190+shipping, Huntinstuff's Marlin 444 is a pretty good deal for 400+10 for shipping and Majormarine has a very good deal on a Norinco NP29 for $400 +shipping, that's another I'd snap-up if I had the money (his deal on the Walther P38 is excellent too; but you'd probably want something that was more of a 'shooter' for one of your early pistols).
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. "

Noam Chomsky

Hi mike,
    I just bought my first gun here on gunnutz, i felt i got a good deal. One of the clerks at reliable recommended buying a first shotgun brand new and a first rifle used.
    Andre

Quote Originally Posted by mikeylikesit
    thank you for offering us newbies a chance to learn more about this sport.
    i completed my course today and passed my non-restricted and restricted tests. i hope to have my licence in 4 to 6 weeks, since i'm paying by credit card. give them what they want ...right.
    anyway, i'm looking into what to buy, should i avoid used and just buy new guns. i mean, the prices on the gun exchange are'nt much cheaper than new and most are claiming their gun has never or hardly been fired.....ya right. who buys a gun and never fires it?
    any advice is welcome, thx.

mike.

Thanks, Mikey

One of the reasons I did this was to give me an excuse to get out and actually do some shooting!