Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

wanting to sell my para ordnance .40 paraX.

i find myself needing to sell my firearm.

wondering how is the best way to go about it.

its a stainless steel .40 paraX from Para Ordnance.
    http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=12

it is almost brand new, less than 1000 rounds through.

thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hackmaster View Post
    Not new to CGN or the firearms community, but very new to the Victoria area. Anyone willing to show me around the North Saanich rod and gun club sometime? I can supply my own guns, ammo, vehical and drop in fee, I just need someone with a current membership to show me the ropes.
    Did you get a response to this post?

CGN Regular
    Anyone from Kitsilano (Vancouver) shoot regularly? Can I buy your gas?

I'm not exactly a newbie, but haven't been shooting much lately on account of starving-student status. I think I could now afford to join a range and maybe pick up one of the $99 M203s before CanadaAmmo sells out and/or the gubmint changes, but can't quite swing buying another car just yet.

If there happened to be someone living in the Kits area who'd want to carpool to abbotsford or ridgedale (or wherever...), I'd love to join a club and get back into shooting more often...

Quote Originally Posted by fightingfish View Post
    i find myself needing to sell my firearm.

wondering how is the best way to go about it.

its a stainless steel .40 paraX from Para Ordnance.
    http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=12

it is almost brand new, less than 1000 rounds through.

thanks for your time.
    Sign up to get access to the EE and list away. Lot of us that have done dealings can help once you have a buyer if you need.

I shoot at Ridgedale and have done for near ten years, the only drawback is it's limited to 200m otherwise its great.
    Hunting isn't a matter of life or death, It's more important than that!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar

exactly the same!

Quote Originally Posted by rudar View Post
    Anyone from Kitsilano (Vancouver) shoot regularly? Can I buy your gas?

I'm not exactly a newbie, but haven't been shooting much lately on account of starving-student status. I think I could now afford to join a range and maybe pick up one of the $99 M203s before CanadaAmmo sells out and/or the gubmint changes, but can't quite swing buying another car just yet.

If there happened to be someone living in the Kits area who'd want to carpool to abbotsford or ridgedale (or wherever...), I'd love to join a club and get back into shooting more often...
    ditto on what's said above! I'm living on Maple n W.10th (2 blocks from work, so location is perfect) but I don't drive...so I have no hopes of getting myself into shooting shape

If I can find someone in the west end or who's willing to come into the west end for pickup...I can assure you gas money, coffee money and maybe more! PM me if you're up for talking about this. :D
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pontcanna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    If I can find someone in the west end or who's willing to come into the west end for pickup...I can assure you gas money, coffee money and maybe more!
    Please, let's keep the West End personal ads out of Gunnutz
    "Somewhat sarcastic doorknob"
    -Foxer, June 15/05

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pontcanna View Post
    Please, let's keep the West End personal ads out of Gunnutz
    LOL! talk about being taken outta context!
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

I would like to learn the art of long distance shooting 1000m plus and to master the mill dot. I have been raised to set the rifle at a known distance then leave it there until you miss (all come ups/downs buy guess). I currently own a DSR-1 in .338LM and an HS.50 which i am damn proud of. I am the kind of guy who learns by trial and error but it can get very expensive with ammo these day's. I need to learn to be one with my rifles.

Please help

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Splatter's Avatar
    Masic, buddy... You need to spend $500-to-$1000 on a good .22LR.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. "

Noam Chomsky

I have a good .22LR but need more power. I have killed over 1000m but do wonder if I can go further. I have target shot at 1500m without using my mill dots but still need more. Like I said, I want to be one with my rifle and would rather spend time in a school learning the how to than lots of money wasting ammo. I did kill a coyote at 1630m but it was only because the bullet impacted the ground about 8 feet beside him then ripped his guts open. I am also talking about really long ranges like 1600m to 2500m. I live in Calgary and want to go to school either privately or publicly.