Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 717192021222324252627282930313233343537 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

For a bolt .22, svage mrk II seem good. For a .22 in general semi-auto ruger 10/22 is good beause you can buy mags and such and they are easy to maintain. I am stuck between which of these myself but I am leaning towards the ruger 10/22. The savages start at about 200 and go up to about 500. One model has peep sights, one has normal iron and the rest are set up for scopes. The peep sight with heavy barrel seems good, I've heard they are made in Lakefield ON. I'll still probably go with the ruger though. This is just the opinion of someone who like rimfire, I am not a pro by any means, BTW on youtube iraqveteran8888 has some good videos describing 5 entry level 22s and also many more informative videos. Him and his friend work in a gun store and share both new knowledge and 'oldtimey' knowledge.

Are there any clubs in the GVR (or the island?) that have 100yrd+ range for rifles? Or do you have to go out into the bush to do any long range practice?

Quote Originally Posted by helios View Post
    Are there any clubs in the GVR (or the island?) that have 100yrd+ range for rifles? Or do you have to go out into the bush to do any long range practice?
    PoCo outdoor range, 200m, plus trap and skeet.. Newbie friendly.

http://www.pcdhfc.com/tour1.htm

CGN frequent flyer Sixgunjohnny's Avatar
    i think poco is the one...

I believe Ridgedale also goes out to 200 yards.

CGN Regular
    Is there anyone that shoots a S&W M&P at the Nanaimo Fish and Game club that would let me put a few rounds through theirs?

I'm thinking about buying an M&P9 and would really like to try one before I commit. Ideally I'd like to try the 9mm, but would settle for a .40 or .45 cal (got a box of .45ACP sitting around waiting to get fired, but no matching firearm).

Will bring my own ammo, just let me know what caliber to get ahead of time and I'll come prepared.

Cheers, Kyle.

hey any one know were I can go plinking around the Vancouver lower mainland area just got my liscence and also interested in first cheap gun if any ones got any good suggestions or anything for sale in the area please pm me thanks cgn seems like a great site ill have to figure out how to get to the exchange forum hope im in the rite place here

Quote Originally Posted by benzo View Post
    hey any one know were I can go plinking around the Vancouver lower mainland area just got my liscence and also interested in first cheap gun if any ones got any good suggestions or anything for sale in the area please pm me thanks cgn seems like a great site ill have to figure out how to get to the exchange forum hope im in the rite place here
    You can go to DVC and pay a day admission then try different pistols. Its a great place to go if you are thinking of buying a pistol and wanna try before you buy. Unfortunately, DVC doesn't have a large selection of pistols.

If you are getting a gun yourself then you can go to Port Coquitlam & District Hunting & Fishing Club.

any where out in the bush I can shoot hopefully not past Chilliwack any one go out to the westwood platue area Ive seen ppl go riding out there not sure about plinking sorry for all the noob questions guys

I am going to take my course for my license soon PAL and RPAL, and need to join a Gun Club. Thinking of the MISSION & DISTRICT ROD & GUN CLUB, a friend from the Quesnel Gun Club recommended it. Is this a good club, I want to do more then just some plinking, I want to get accurate and such, still a little new. Anyone I can chat with and pick their brain on this club.