Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1020222324252627282930313233343536373840 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

I am new to the forums, and to guns in general.

For the time being my interest is rifles, I recently got my PAL and my first rifle.

I am situated in PoCo if anyone is interested in mentoring a newbie and send a few round down the range feel free to PM me.

Gday, I recently moved from Australia to New Westminster and am looking to go do some shooting. I'm currently in the process of getting my pal so that I can go get myself some new toys but in the mean time was wondering if anyone would be willing to take me out to some ranges or crown land to blast away a few rounds. Mainly into the older WW2 rifles so if you have a Lee Enfield or similiar military bolt action that your willing to use send me a PM and we can discuss further. Thanks.

If you are able to, check out this Meet and Greet on Sat Apr 19
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...y-Get-Together

Thanks, I can't attend today as i have work this evening but will definitely attend future events. I should probably also mention that I am not new to shooting just new to Canada.

Hi, someone knows where to buy rifles in the west kootenays Salmo, Castlegar area?

Hello everyone! New to the world of guns. I just got my Sig P226 last week. I'm residing in East Van and been looking at a range to frequent.
    So far I've been to DVC and PCDHFC
    Heard of TMSA, (anyone one been here?)

Anybody got anymore ranges around for me to check out? I've been searching around for Richmond and North Van, cause I've been told there are some ranges out that way, however I am unable to locate them.

Hi Channibal, welcome to GunNutz.

I've been to Thompson Mnt. a few times, I like their public range. They have an RO that's a bit of a dink, never said a word to me but I've seen him in action. They have steel targets on range and sponsor some good events. It's more a 3 season club as it's a steep climb to get there.
    I've belonged to DVC and hold a low opinion of them, as a club. They're a retail, public range, and they do that well.
    I haven't been to PoCo since I was a kid, so I won't comment. Grew up just down the hill too.
    There's also Mission and Abby, bit more drive time though. Mission is pistol friendly and has good facilities. I've heard great things about Abby, but again I haven't been.
    I don't know of any ranges in NVan, or Richmond.

Thanks!

Do you know how busy it gets up on Thompson Mountain?

Yah, I'm not a huge fan of DVC, but I really enjoyed POCO when they aren't so busy! haha

Saw TMSA online. Looked nice. TMSA, PoCo and Abby Fish and Game club are the three ranges I am looking out. I live right in Vancouver so basically all the ranges are far from where I am ha.

ihave no luck getting into ee newbie to computor