Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1323252627282930313233343536373839404143 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

Wow! Thanks Tootall. What a lovely idea...smile.

Hi there,

I live in the Victoria region, and am fairly new to the sport. My father and i just got our PAL's in January. We are both mature (30/60yr old) but have very limited experience with firearms through out our lives. Since receiving our PALs we have both acquired a few rifles/shotguns, but have yet to make it out to the range. Having very little exposure through out my young life i now find my self wanting to learn more and shoot more, but stumbling to get started. My father and I are planning in the real near future to become a member at vfgpa, but beyond buying the guns and getting a membership it would be great if some one could go over some of the finer points of shooting. If there is anyone in the greater victoria area that would be able to meet with and learn from that would be awesome.

Thank you for your time,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by okshooter View Post
    Any mentors in the Okanagan?
    I'm here in Kelowna. Not a mentor but love shooting and hunting. 30-06 Sako 85 Hunter here and a Tikka 65 6.5x55 ;-)

Looking for hunting buddies in lower mainland.

Howdy. I'm Vancouver and new to shooting. Planning on going to the range in Coquitlam if anyone wants to go. Also interested in possible crown land in Squamish if anyone knows of spots?

Hi all, I am new to the site and new to shooting again after many years. I am in the lower mainland, and would love to know if there are any groups that go out for some clay shooting, preferably outside the range. I grew up on the outskirts of Calgary where thats all we did, go fire off rounds in the farmers fields. A few gophers here and there as well ;-)
    Are there any good maps that are available for areas ok to shoot legally?
    Thank you.

Not new to firearms but new to having RPAL. I have my RPAL my son has his Minors PAL. I have just purchased my first Firearm. I am Milsurp fan so got an SKS. Will be adding to the collection bot NR and R

In lower mainland, relatively new. I've been th range a number of times an looking for folks to join for range and no range locations. Great way to share stories info and tips.

Hi all. I am in Langley and I grew up shooting but, I could never hit the broad side of a barn and lost interest. I now have my PAL and just saving money to get my first rifle.

Hello, its been 3 years or so since I purchased my rifle through gun nutz. I seem to recall there being a section for sales in the lower mainland. I'm now interested in buying a gun online and having it shipped. Cash is my only option as it appears ###### is frowned apon here. Am I mistaken or am I just not looking in the right section?
    Thx,
    Troy