Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&k usc

Quote Originally Posted by ezkmo View Post
    Hey Grumpy,
    Can you find out from HK if there is any truth to the USC's and SL8's being replaced by Civilian versions of the UMP and G36.
    And if so, what kind of timeframe are we looking at before seeing them on Canadian soil.
    Thanks
    X2 I'd sure like to know. I doubt hk would make these since they make it clear that they don't give 2 $hits about civilian sales. I thought the sl8 was already discontinued, they had it listed as discontinued on their website about a year ago but I see it's back in production and dealers are still bringing them in
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

Scrap Bill C-68

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    HK DOES give a ####...it is just that HK in Germany has many hoops to jump through and different classifications of what is considered "sporting" and what they can export for civilians. Not their fault...blame the European government.

HK USA is a bit better for that stuff at least.

I would LOVE a civvie version of the UMP, G36, MP7...MP5 too if not banned by name here
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

The SL8 and USC ARE civilian versions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    delete, wrong place
    Last edited by Brian46; 11-12-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    The US version of the SL8 was different than the European one we have seen here. If HK USA starts to make civi versions I hope we do not see a decrease in quality like what has happend to the USA versions of other guns like steyr, glock and sig (just to name a few I have experience with)
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

We hear these rumours from time to time. I don't think anything is going to change regarding semi auto civilian G36 type guns from HK, I will check and report back in a few weeks. As has been correctly pointed out German export controls are very tough on military type firearms. The HK products we sell come from Germany.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Okay I did a bunch of checking around. What I found out is that H&K USA is no longer importing the SL-8 and the USC. This won't effect us at this time as we get ours right from across the pond and the models we get here are the same as they sell in Europe where they are legal. I could find nothing about H&K Germany stopping production of either models or replacing it with something else.
    The SL-8 down in the USA differs from ours. If you read through this you'll see that there are some differences for sure.
    hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_SL8
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Ok thanks Wolverines, keep us posted.
    The rumor is that the civi G36 will be introduced from hk usa at the 2014 shotshow.
    I guess only time will tell if thats true.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkmo View Post
    Ok thanks Wolverines, keep us posted.
    The rumor is that the civi G36 will be introduced from hk usa at the 2014 shotshow.
    I guess only time will tell if thats true.
    Even if they do, that doesn't mean the HK Germany will stop producing the SL-8. I would imagine HK USA is doing what they need to attract more American buyers, but at the same time we have to remember that such a rifle probably won't be available to as many countries as the SL-8 is, due to laws and restrictions. When HK built the SL-8 they did their homework on what would make it legal in as many places as possible.

Here's a couple of pics that Jigsaw223 sent me of his tricked out USC, looks pretty sweet to me. :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12