Thread: Surplus Garands from South Korea westrifle.com

Thanks Sergey!
    "The Horror. The Horror."
    - Apocalypse Now (1979)
    --------------------------
    CCFR & CSSA Member.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sergey96 View Post
    2. When and how fast those be here and in what quantities depends on the person who wins this bid. It is 190 000 rifles that I know of available right now. In total there is 800 000 rifles that stored in surplus warehouses.

We need all of them. That would refresh the market good.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

In if price is reasonable, not if its the same cost as something off EE.

Price will depend on what the winner of the bid is willing to pay for it. I heard what all of you said. I bought Mosin before and everyone was so enthusiastic to buy those, but not everyone was willing to pay for it. M1 Garands will be the same story. Unless it is dirt cheap no one will buy those. Only if those are in good shape then top dollars would be paid.
    CHECK OUT WEBSITE TODAY. WE ARE ADDING NEW PRODUCTS EVERY DAY.

WWW.WESTRIFLE.COM

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=437599

Жизнь хороша, если есть ППШ! И совсем без проблем, если есть АКМ

I believe it when i see it. Right now this is unicorn poo

I want a dirt cheap on to play army with
    Practice makes you perfect, it also makes you broke!

300-500 bucks, i'd love to get my hands on one.

Price will depend on what the winner of the bid is willing to pay for it. I heard what all of you said. I bought Mosin before and everyone was so enthusiastic to buy those, but not everyone was willing to pay for it. M1 Garands will be the same story. Unless it is dirt cheap no one will buy those. Only if those are in good shape then top dollars would be paid.
    The way I see it, is distributers should look at it like the Steam model of sales (i.e. Valve's PC distribution platform):

1. Buy as many as you possibly can
    2. Sell them as cheap as you can
    3. By selling them cheap, you are putting it into a price range most people can't say no to, nor can they not afford, therefor reaching a price-prohibitive customer base that would have otherwise not bought anything
    4. You sell exponentially more keeping the prices low, refreshing your inventory constantly

Selling 10,000 rifles you bought for $300 at $500 in one week.

Versus "the K98 model"

1. Bring in limited quantities at a time
    2. Sell them for ridiculous prices
    3. By buying them from the supplier (Russia) for ridiculous prices, you are therefor less likely to sell a small amount of rifles within a short period
    4. You sit on a bunch of rifles for a long time negating a small portion of your investment while they sit in your inventory.

Selling 10,000 rifles you bought for $300 at $800 in five months.

Which makes more business sense? I'd say the former. But then again, I'm not a firearms importer.
    CSSA | CCFR

That sums up most of CGN perfectly Sergey......enthusiastic to buy....not willing to pay!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkymacker View Post
    That sums up most of CGN perfectly Sergey......enthusiastic to buy....not willing to pay!
    It's one thing to be enthusiastic about a rifle without being told what it costs, and it's another entirely to bring them in and say "alright guys, I know you wanted these, but they are this much" which was the case here.

Yes, we were all enthusiastic about M38's and M44's coming in. $625 is too much for most of us though, even if they are the last batch out in the wild. It's great West Rifle was able to source them for those that could afford, but let's not insult the CGN userbase with scenario's that DIDN'T happen. I can guarantee you if Sergey had known their landed cost and posted it in the Mosin thread, there would be a lot less interest than there was.
    CSSA | CCFR