Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Surplus Garands from South Korea westrifle.com

Lets start with if I had know. When started the post about M44/M38 I believed I said 600-800 dollars in my original post and then people were saying if you had them at 250-300 that will be great. Well I did not buy them at that price of 200 or 300 so this is why it is priced at 525 for pre orders and 625 after all the per-orders were filled. I satisfied the people that really want them and could pay for it, I will not bring those in again unless I have confirmed pre-order list. I want a Mercedes at 20 000 dollars but the truth is that it is 65 000 to start. M38 or M44 is luxury item at the market right now and only the people who pay top dollars will have them. Same goes for Garands if we are ( the dealers ) are not willing to pay for those items then it will be sold off to other countries in EU or New Zealand. All I am saying is I heard what you guys want and at which price, if I can win a tender at that price I will bring it in. If not then someone else will bring it at higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kael View Post
    It's one thing to be enthusiastic about a rifle without being told what it costs, and it's another entirely to bring them in and say "alright guys, I know you wanted these, but they are this much" which was the case here.

Yes, we were all enthusiastic about M38's and M44's coming in. $625 is too much for most of us though, even if they are the last batch out in the wild. It's great West Rifle was able to source them for those that could afford, but let's not insult the CGN userbase with scenario's that DIDN'T happen. I can guarantee you if Sergey had known their landed cost and posted it in the Mosin thread, there would be a lot less interest than there was.
    CHECK OUT WEBSITE TODAY. WE ARE ADDING NEW PRODUCTS EVERY DAY.

WWW.WESTRIFLE.COM

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=437599

Жизнь хороша, если есть ППШ! И совсем без проблем, если есть АКМ

As always, it is up to us as consumers. Ultimately, we will buck up or the garlands will buck off to a market that will.
    Win, or lose it's up to what we are willing to pay.
    I could see paying up to $1000 for the best available.
    It's very hard to say without actually seeing what condition they are in.
    $800-$1000 would clinch it for us I recon, $300-$500 I think is getting a bit low.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sergey96 View Post
    Wow so many ideas for weekend talk.
    1. M1 Garands are coming to Canada one way or another. Who will bring them and how much those will be sold for it depends on Importer. There is 4 importers that submitted a bid for those rifles as far as I know.
    2. When and how fast those be here and in what quantities depends on the person who wins this bid. It is 190 000 rifles that I know of available right now. In total there is 800 000 rifles that stored in surplus warehouses.
    3. Would I or any other dealer bring 190 000 rifles? I don't think so It is suicidal to do so. I think 5000 to 10 000 pcs at the time is acceptable. We are not USA we can not handle 190 000.
    4. Ammunition in Surplus is hardly available and even if you find some it takes around 2 years to get it approved with Natural resources Canada.

I will answer any other questions as long as it is not confidential information.
    спасибо, Sergey!

CGN frequent flyer WestIslandRifle's Avatar
    700-900$
    member C.P.C.A, NFA and F.Q.T
    "Keep your powder dry , and your eyes on the target " R.Lee Ermey.

$700-1000.
    With all this talk about Garands flooding the market..anyone notice the number of people now trying to sell their garands befode the high prices drop?
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

Quote Originally Posted by JimDO View Post
    $700-1000.
    With all this talk about Garands flooding the market..anyone notice the number of people now trying to sell their garands befode the high prices drop?
    Yep. Had a real good laugh when I saw someone was trying to get $2000 for a Breda... WWII matching Garands in good shape sell for that, or less!
    CSSA | CCFR

The way I see it, is distributers should look at it like the Steam model of sales (i.e. Valve's PC distribution platform):

1. Buy as many as you possibly can
    2. Sell them as cheap as you can
    3. By selling them cheap, you are putting it into a price range most people can't say no to, nor can they not afford, therefor reaching a price-prohibitive customer base that would have otherwise not bought anything
    4. You sell exponentially more keeping the prices low, refreshing your inventory constantly

Selling 10,000 rifles you bought for $300 at $500 in one week.

Versus "the K98 model"

1. Bring in limited quantities at a time
    2. Sell them for ridiculous prices
    3. By buying them from the supplier (Russia) for ridiculous prices, you are therefor less likely to sell a small amount of rifles within a short period
    4. You sit on a bunch of rifles for a long time negating a small portion of your investment while they sit in your inventory.

Selling 10,000 rifles you bought for $300 at $800 in five months.

Which makes more business sense? I'd say the former. But then again, I'm not a firearms importer.
    Turnover-if your landed price is $250(cost,shipping,customs etc.)-your retail price for a "good" rifle has to be @$500-to cover cost+ overhead+(God-forbid)-profit-in order to continue to do business-better condition?-higher price...

Well this is scenario that is not likely to happen. I read the same kind of comments on US boards when they thought they were going to be getting them last year, and no one expected to see them at the ridiculous levels being suggested here. I believe that the bid that the South Koreans had before the deal was nixed was about $300.00 per rifle for 87,000 of them. That is sitting in a warehouse in Korea so realistically they are going to be at least $600.00 cost to just get them here. By the time you sort through them there is going to be a certain percentage that are junk, which again drives up the unit price of the ones you can sell.

It's one thing to be enthusiastic about a rifle without being told what it costs, and it's another entirely to bring them in and say "alright guys, I know you wanted these, but they are this much" which was the case here.

Yes, we were all enthusiastic about M38's and M44's coming in. $625 is too much for most of us though, even if they are the last batch out in the wild. It's great West Rifle was able to source them for those that could afford, but let's not insult the CGN userbase with scenario's that DIDN'T happen. I can guarantee you if Sergey had known their landed cost and posted it in the Mosin thread, there would be a lot less interest than there was.

CGN frequent flyer
    but with the junk... there is still good parts.... and they can make profit with these parts.... !

Personnaly I expect a 600-700$ price for a good rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    It would be a keen idea for the firearm importers of Canada to combine their resources for one big group buy.

No one wants to see any more overpriced RC K98s.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.