Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We Are Going On Our Biggest Buying Trip Ever

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've never understood why ammo manufacturers don't loose-pack more ammo. I get the idea of cartridge holders for a 20 round box of rifle ammo, but for bulk rimfire, rifle and pistol? Why? It's money wasted. Sell me 1000 rds of pistol or rifle ammo dumped into a carton, and I'm a happy man... so long as I save a buck. Even if packaged in holders, I dump 'em in a carton or ammo can (or sometimes even an empty 5 gallon paint bucket) anyway, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
    I've never understood why ammo manufacturers don't loose-pack more ammo. I get the idea of cartridge holders for a 20 round box of rifle ammo, but for bulk rimfire, rifle and pistol? Why? It's money wasted. Sell me 1000 rds of pistol or rifle ammo dumped into a carton, and I'm a happy man... so long as I save a buck. Even if packaged in holders, I dump 'em in a carton or ammo can (or sometimes even an empty 5 gallon paint bucket) anyway, so...
    I feel the same way as I hate to unpack volume ammo. The reason you don't see loose pack with centerfire (rimfire OK) is there are apparently shipping regs that prevent this. In spite of this a little Federal ammo has come through the system in the past. There were even barrels of 12,500 rounds of 5.56 offered in 5.56 ,62 gr....I don't think we will see these. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    That's something I ​would like to see... in my house.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    I feel the same way as I hate to unpack volume ammo. The reason you don't see loose pack with centerfire (rimfire OK) is there are apparently shipping regs that prevent this. In spite of this a little Federal ammo has come through the system in the past. There were even barrels of 12,500 rounds of 5.56 offered in 5.56 ,62 gr....I don't think we will see these. Phil.

ill take 2
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    The reason you don't see loose pack with centerfire (rimfire OK) is there are apparently shipping regs that prevent this.
    It always surprised me that ammo manufacturers don't pack bulk ammo with mini dividers like they do with boxes of light tubes:I tried Googling for a photo but didn't find one. It is basically a little tiny biodegradable slip of plastic-y stuff that prevents them from rolling around. With ammo one row would be primer left, then a slip of the platic-y stuff, then the next row primer right: 5.56/.223 could be in boxes of 100, 250, 500 or 1000 without any rattle, damage, or shifting.

Welcome back, by the way. I will get down to see you soon I expect: winter doldrums get broken by snowshoeing and when too cold for that reloading (that's where I hope you come in)...
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN frequent flyer Secondgunman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    AR7's on order along with spare mags however no ETA. Phil.
    That is great I will keep an eye on your website as I normally do.
    Certified Paper Shredder Guns are just as much apart of me as duck tape or WD40.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123