Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: New LCW 9mm Luger ammo $179.99 per case

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Holleyman's Avatar
    Heavy copper jacket, should make no difference between soft steel core and lead.

The savings on 6000 rounds will be worth the cost of a barrel in a few years regardless of the extra wear

Looks like it has about 0.010" of copper over a steel

Here is a good write up comparison of copper/lead over copper wash/steel
    http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/bras...mmo/#bookmark4
    Last edited by Holleyman; 03-28-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    If the answer is more government, more laws and /or more regulation, the question must have been pretty stupid.

Thanks for this link. Very useful info.

Quote Originally Posted by Holleyman View Post
    Heavy copper jacket, should make no difference between soft steel core and lead.

The savings on 6000 rounds will be worth the cost of a barrel in a few years regardless of the extra wear

Looks like it has about 0.010" of copper over a steel

I just got kicked-out of my indoor range for using these. I don't think they liked it, bi-metal or not it sticked to the magnet and it's a no-go. Now, I'm worried about barrel wear and hesitant to keep using them outdoors. I just read this article, no sure at all... http://www.uspsa.org/front-sight-mag...BiMetal-Ammo-8
    Any politician who won't trust you with the weapon of your choice, clearly cannot be trusted with the power he desires over your life.
    -Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith

I'm pretty new to shooting but haven't had a single jam or misfire yet with this ammo in my Jericho 941. Put maybe 7 or 8 hundred rds through it so far, thorouhgly cleaned after each session. Only comparison I have was 300 rds. of the local reload range stuff and it didn't work nearly as nicely as LCW. Very frequent jams. And I refuse to pay $20+/box for brand name crap, let's be real here we're shooting at a piece of paper indoors lol. Just ordered another 1500, I think it's well worth it. How long till this dries up with all that Ukraine crap going on at the moment?

I love this stuff. I have a np 29 (built like a tank). They are $350. I can shoot this till the poor gun dies which might be in 20 years. Order the np29 and 1500 rounds don't look back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacesout View Post
    just loaded 1000 9mm 124gr RN in 3 hours ... 9.4 cents for each lead, 4 cents per primer, 4 cents worth of powder, free picked up range brass! plus its more accurate then most high end factory loads! cleaner burning powders too.

Sorry, probably the wrong place for this post...
    I usually average 100.00/ per hour salary, that make ammo quite expensive, just pickup a case for my new to come Baby Eagle IWI... JP.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    I usually average 100.00/ per hour salary, that make ammo quite expensive, just pickup a case for my new to come Baby Eagle IWI... JP.
    you wouldnt be reloading at work, you would be reloading instead of watching tv which pays zippo.
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    you wouldnt be reloading at work, you would be reloading instead of watching tv which pays zippo.
    As a retired person, my time is now worth a lot more now then i was on the work market....

Quote Originally Posted by Holleyman View Post

Interesting Quote from the test from the link..

"As indicated by accuracy testing, the steel cased/bimetal jacketed ammunition caused accelerated wear to the inside of their respective bores. While the barrel of the Federal carbine had plenty of life left, even after 10,000 rounds at extremely high rates of fire, the Wolf and Brown Bear barrels were subjected to the same rates of fire and were completely “shot out” by 6,000 rounds."

which means the bimetal bullets does more damage to your barrel then regular copper bullets...hmm..

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan024 View Post
    so has anyone received any yet? i am curios as to how they perform in a glock17
    I have a bunch of it and my glock 17 and shadow both love it. My experience with previous lots is that it runs flawlessly
    C.C.F.R "There is no faster way to create division within a group of equals than by treating some of them more equal than the rest"