Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why does Westrifle require DOB and City of birth for standard purchases?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    But you do need to read the prev posts in the thread before posting
    I got it after the head banger, read the first page, didn't see second page, left the computer on that screen for over tem in, and by the time I posted, all was good in the hood

CGN Regular
    All that is required is for the vendor to SEE the pal, no need to call it in and verify it. Some of these places go way beyond what is required and these places should be shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
    All that is required is for the vendor to SEE the pal, no need to call it in and verify it. Some of these places go way beyond what is required and these places should be shut down.
    I personally can understand a company selling 200 dollar semi auto rifles with crates of ammo for 300 don't just accept a scan of a PAL that has no address or other form of verification on it... I'm all for ease of purchase but some things are just necessary guys

How exactly does the vendor get to "see" a PAL when people are ordering online?

Online orders and telephone orders where a PAL # is given via a website or verbally, vendors do have a special login to the CFO/RCMP website to check the validity of the PAL. I've seen this website at a local vendor (they let me peek at the screen), and it *REQUIRES* a DOB along with the PAL in order to verify. This is beyond the vendor's control, it's a requirement of the gov't website.

OverKill

** Member CSSA, CCFR, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver

OP mentioned city of birth... really? That one concerns me because it is used by many institutions for verification of identity. I am very cautious about that one. Is this info needed for firearm purchases?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclops666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    But you do need to read the prev posts in the thread before posting
    This is by far the most intelligent statement of the day. This should be a banner atop the beginning of each thread.

Quote Originally Posted by relic38 View Post
    OP mentioned city of birth... really? That one concerns me because it is used by many institutions for verification of identity. I am very cautious about that one. Is this info needed for firearm purchases?
    There was a time where all firearms purchases required this ... Now it's just restricted purchases but it may be required for a retailer to validate the PAL

Seriously people if you cant trust your firearm retailer with this stuff buy locally because online purchasing clearly is not for you

Im pretty sure a 5 min phone call to the RCMP to verify the PAL is valid can save you a ton of problems and every dealer that respects himself should do it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by skip1600 View Post
    There was a time where all firearms purchases required this ... Now it's just restricted purchases but it may be required for a retailer to validate the PAL

Seriously people if you cant trust your firearm retailer with this stuff buy locally because online purchasing clearly is not for you
    I have to agree with you on that one

Quote Originally Posted by skip1600 View Post

Thanks, and I checked the PAL application form, there is a field for that info. I just figured address is and DOB is enough to verify the PAL. When I call the bank, they are usually happy with address and DOB as verification.
    Will I avoid online firearm purchases? Probably not, I just like to be sure that the info is absolutely necessary before handing it out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast