Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Why does Westrifle require DOB and City of birth for standard purchases?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Here is what I find funny about this and other threads that are similar in nature (re: invasion of privacy; ID Theft etc)

Lets assume a non-PAL related purchase:

The buyer is willing to provide plenty of information about him/herself to start with (Name, address, phone, email) as well as Credit card information which I will assume includes CC #, expiry, and CVV # on card back. If I was in the ID theft racket, I now have all I need. I don't need your PAL and DOB to take you to the cleaners. And you willingly send all this via email (and/or via phone)

My thinking is "I either trust this vendor or I don't" I either believe they and their employees will protect my confidential information or they wont. If I think they will, I supply it and buy. If not, then I don't. Simple as that.

But there is no need to get all hot and bothered and start threads about vendors because of my (or your) paranoia.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    sorry - corrected some spelling and got a double post

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Nuke this thread already.

. . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456