Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz 858-2

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Pretty simple. My previously NR gun is now prohib, as are thousands of others. But given that they are now not registered, most do not know it, yet
    I must have missed that e-mail. Unless they ignored Saskatchewan... The shipments that were imported were deemed prohib, not the rifles in country. Not sure if Wolverine heard back yet on the exact reason, but I don't recall hearing exactly why yet.

I still have my 858, my boss was just talking to the firearms guys and they haven't changed the status. He asked because he wanted to buy one. They're still for sale in stores if you can find them.
    Granted I'm not privy to the inner workings of our entire RCMP monstrosity, but as someone who's a 'firearms enthusiast' in a 4 person detachment with about 60+ personally owned firearms between us, we keep our ears to the ground on such things.

I know this is your forum but no need to spread rumours.

And all the RCMP needs to say is "it was the same assault rifle used in the Parti Québécois victory rally shooting" and the masses will agree with confiscation no matter the cost!

I still haven't bought one yet.

“You know what they say ‘Fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice… strike three.’”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ciphery's Avatar
    This would be a good thing to know about. I have an offer on a friends CZ858 who is considdering wether he wants to sell, problem is I don't want to put cash out for a gun that's just going to be confiscated tomorrow/ next week/ next month.....

I would guess the CSA offering of this rifle doesn't fall into this? Or will it just hit the "looks the same" bill.
    SJRGC
    Disclaimer: This post was generated by a robot. The contents of this posting are the ownership of the post creator, and may not be used, reproduced, or copied without the permission of the post creator.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Holy CRAPOLA!!!

Unfriggen Real!!!

Regards
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

BANNED
    How can they be confiscated if you sold it privately many months back lol

Cannon

The CFO's and the RCMP are getting ridiculous, mean those firearms have been here for a while now. They are doing it to what seems like a lot of NR rifles (first the Swiss arms now the CZ) come on.
    Robinson Armament XCR Rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Pretty simple. My previously NR gun is now prohib, as are thousands of others. But given that they are now not registered, most do not know it, yet
    Simple and straightforward. Normal process continues while they try to figure out what to do next. Specially with the recent fiasco in High River, anymore public confiscating is not a good idea but yeah....its there simmering. Probably waiting for a big firearm related news to stick it to. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ciphery View Post
    This would be a good thing to know about. I have an offer on a friends CZ858 who is considdering wether he wants to sell, problem is I don't want to put cash out for a gun that's just going to be confiscated tomorrow/ next week/ next month.....
    Don't kid yourself, they're all going to be confiscated one day. JT's election will just be one more nail in the coffin.