Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Cz 858-2

I retract my statement as I was corrected
    Last edited by BCshooterFMJ; 12-05-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCshooterFMJ View Post
    I wont buy any until they get back down to that 600 or 700 dollar level. That's what I was saying ,the new price seems to be 900 , I figure its the monopoly factor, which makes me kind of sick in terms of CSA and not want to ever buy anything from them. Unless someone else can explain why all of a sudden they are 200 dollars more?
    CSA's where always more money than the CZ's were... remember that CSA has new receivers, not surplus like the CZ's. Recently, even more expensive CSA vz58's hit the market with the NR chrome lined barrel. One is in stock at a site sponsor for $1069.

Quote Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
    CSA's where always more money than the CZ's were... remember that CSA has new receivers, not surplus like the CZ's. Recently, even more expensive CSA vz58's hit the market with the NR chrome lined barrel. One is in stock at a site sponsor for $1069.
    Thats kind of a shame actually, I will not be buying one of these rifles then.
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

No, they had a CSA Vz 58...or, they had an CZ 858

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    Canadian Tire in Greenwood had a CSA 858 7.62x39 for sale a few weeks back. Sold already.

non restricted

bloody well $1000 for it thou.... my word.

With all due respect, what the hell is happening in Ontario these days that you find particularly appealing?!?! lol

Quote Originally Posted by --PA-- View Post
    Both Ontario and Québec but only write Ontario in my Alias as I am not proud of being a Quebecer with what is going on

I may of course be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that these Wolverine shipments were deemed not as "prohibited", per se, but rather "un-importable", if that's even a word. Meaning, *no* official reason for the decision was ever provided.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ_Brno View Post
    I see. Ask Wolverine about his last 2 shipments of CZ858's that were deemed prohibited by the RCMP inspectors and why no more will be coming in to Canada.

Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Wolverine...I misunderstood. So they specifically told you they were "prohibited" ... Or that they simply were not going to permit them entry?

Thank-you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I do not wish to add fuel to the fire but for the record:
    I have had no communication from the RCMP reference my last two shipments of CZ858 rifles. CBSA detained (seized) my shipments and based on an RCMP examination and report from the RCMP to CBSA they (CBSA) informed me they were prohibited. Almost a year later I have been unable to obtain any report on my rifles, even through the access to information.

Lets say theoretically the CZ-858 goes from NR to Prohib or even Restricted and I own said rifle with only a PAL. Does this rifle become 'grandfathered'? And after the registry scrapped how will they know I have one?

AKA what Im asking is should I buy one ASAP :P

Of course you should buy one. Or three. If they ever get reclassified, and grandfathered, you're going to need an upgrade. You should have it anyway -- everyone should. (Same reason as the CZ 858: get 'em *while you're able*.

Quote Originally Posted by BRNO17 View Post
    Lets say theoretically the CZ-858 goes from NR to Prohib or even Restricted and I own said rifle with only a PAL. Does this rifle become 'grandfathered'? And after the registry scrapped how will they know I have one?

AKA what Im asking is should I buy one ASAP :P

I've noted frequent reference to "the list of prohibs is down...been down for a year..."etc; etc.

I believe this is thge list to which many refer, and it's always been there. :-)

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r.../fulltext.html